16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  fair iside
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:22 am  Reply with quote

Picked up a F.A.I R Iside 16 at a show and found something that i haven't seen on other isides a long tang trigger guard . All the other isides i see have the trigger guard ending right behind the trigger . Just wondered if anyone else has seen this?
Swampy16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:11 pm  Reply with quote

I’ve only seen it when ordered that way. Sounds like a nice gun.
Savage16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

Once in a great while you see them new with that feature but rare unless as like mentioned above its a special order upgrade. Which model did you find? Youre gonna love it!Congrats

hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:41 pm  Reply with quote

Seems to be a base model with single trigger decent wood and long tang trigger guard and 28 inch barrels. It handles and balances great . Way lighter than my CZ bobwhite 20 gauge. All around a really nice gun.
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:41 pm  Reply with quote

Seems to be a base model with single trigger decent wood and long tang trigger guard and 28 inch barrels. It handles and balances great . Way lighter than my CZ bobwhite 20 gauge. All around a really nice gun.
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:42 pm  Reply with quote

Cheesy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:54 pm  Reply with quote

What’s a 16 gauge Iside weigh? Doing my planning for next years gun purchase (try and buy 1 a year, sometimes I do better though……)

Thinking a long tang double trigger Tartaruga Gold with double triggers.
Swampy16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

6 pounds
William J. siefert
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

Mine goes 5# 12oz. It all depends on the wood.
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:51 pm  Reply with quote

Been looking at them in 28 ga .
Swampy16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:43 pm  Reply with quote

I handled one in 28, it was too light for me, about 5,4.
Savage16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:39 am  Reply with quote

hunterdau2 wrote:

The base model has a case colored receiver. If it has a long tang/single trigger, it was a special order. My 16 ga Tartaruga Gold has 30 inchers and pretty nice wood and scales at 6lb3oz. The Sweet spot for a 28 ga Iside has the 30inchers. Brings the weight to @5 3/4lb and turns them into magic wands.

hunterdau2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:06 am  Reply with quote

A special order with 30 inch barrels would get into the price range of a R.F.M Zues . If i go off the deep end then i may as well go semi custom from Upland Gun Company . Laughing
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:41 pm  Reply with quote

hunterdau2 wrote:
A special order with 30 inch barrels would get into the price range of a R.F.M Zues . If i go off the deep end then i may as well go semi custom from Upland Gun Company . Laughing

You would have to go with a RFM Venus to get close to a FAIR Iside. And by the time you price out a RFM no matter which one you pick you are going to be more than a completely custom FAIR when you are done. I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish on the one RFM I've seen. Several others have said the same.

My 30" custom Iside Prestige Deluxe Tartaruga Gold 16 ga. BT and long tang, single line checkering, blah blah

Nothing wrong with the 16 ga. 28" Iside Prestige out of the box either. If you take your time you can find some decent wood on them

Ruff grouse on one side and pheasant on the other. Woodcock on the bottom the holy trinity of birds to me.

The basic Iside works but in the cold not a fan of double triggers. With gloves on in the cold it basically becomes a single shot for me. So don't miss

My first FAIR made gun is a quarter century old 16 ga. made for NEA have 28" and 30" bbls for it. Have more than 20K rounds through it mainly the 30" for clays

28" for hunting although after getting the Iside's don't use it much if at all anymore

For clays using the 16 ga. it has been replaced by a 32" B. Rizzini Competition 16.

Well and the 30" Dickinson Plantation Sporter next to it when I need a 16 ga. SxS.

It is my 4th B. Rizzini my youngest son was the Mn. ATA class runner up with my first one more than 20 years ago. It has well over 100K rounds through it.

Don't really need another gun even in 16 but if I do it will be a B. Rizzini BR550 or BR552 SxS custom 16/20 combo.