16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  RE: super-sizer MEC for Hull and case heads?
jrothWA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:25 am  Reply with quote

With the supersizer unit , can I resize case head after being loaded?

Some reloads of winchester 16ga hulls, the case heads will sometimes not feed in the mad tubes of either M12 or Ithaca M37. will this help

Or is to be used with empty cases.

Thanks.
RLR390
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:47 am  Reply with quote

For what it is worth, I have had primers get squeezed on the sides when they got stuck in my Spolar and the did not go off. IMO the primer has to be hit on the bottom to go off.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:16 am  Reply with quote

Yes you can, but the Supersizer does not resize the major rim diameter only the O.D. of the metal head that slides into the chamber.

It sounds like something else is going on. I have both a M12 and an M37, and while I do not use these shotguns a lot, I have never experienced that problem. With any hull brand.

Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:23 pm  Reply with quote

I do it when needed. I have found when steel rims are used sometime they don't shrink back far enough to rechamber.. I
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:21 pm  Reply with quote

Believe I would adjust the Sze master down a little more on an empty before repriming.
putz463
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 am  Reply with quote

MSM2019 wrote:
Yes you can, but the Supersizer does not resize the major rim diameter only the O.D. of the metal head that slides into the chamber.

It sounds like something else is going on. I have both a M12 and an M37, and while I do not use these shotguns a lot, I have never experienced that problem. With any hull brand.

Agreed, the ID of the mag tubes of my M37 & 870 are 0.860" & 0.865" respective. The OD of rims on a few different hulls from the bin are 0.810-0.813". The collet resizer adjusts only a couple few thou.

What's hanging up; the hull rim or the lead edge of the metal head?

Winchester21
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, the Supersizer is safe to use on loaded shells because there is nothing pressing on the primers. I've used it on loaded 16, 20 & 28 ga shells when I'd forgotten to use the Supersizer before loading my shells on my MEC 650's. I have multiple guns in those gauges and have found that if I take the time to size the cases first then I never have a problem with the loaded shells fitting into any of the gun chambers.
When I had only 1 gun, a 20ga O/U, I never had problems with reloaded shells fitting back into its chambers. But when I got a 20ga Auto5, I had problems which I solved using the Supersizer.
A friend loaded 250 28ga shells then discovered that they wouldn't chamber in his gun. He was all set to tear them apart and start over but I lent him my Supersizer with the 28ga collet. The next week he brought it back with all his shell resized. He paid for 2 rds of skeet for me as a thank you.