16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Slug barrels on ebay.
case 1775
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

There are 2 870 16ga slug barrels for sale on ebay right now. One is the genuine article, the other is a barrel from the 1950s that was cut down to size and rifle sights added. How do I know this? I owned that barrel for a few hours, before I sent it back to corsons, which is probably where the current seller aquired it. The barrel is even marked, mod. on the side. Potential buyers beware.

DanLee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

Hmm. Now I wonder about my 1100 barrel. It's the right length at 21" and has rifle sights, but it's also marked MOD. It does have some choke, according to my crude measurements with a micrometer. I bought the 1100 and the deal included three barrels, a VR full, plain modified, and the slug barrel. I sent the plain one off to Poly-Choke for installation of their device.
case 1775
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

DanLee wrote:
Hmm. Now I wonder about my 1100 barrel. It's the right length at 21" and has rifle sights, but it's also marked MOD. It does have some choke, according to my crude measurements with a micrometer. I bought the 1100 and the deal included three barrels, a VR full, plain modified, and the slug barrel. I sent the plain one off to Poly-Choke for installation of their device.
Like I said, the barrel I'm talking about had the barrel code ZZ. 1953. Remington only made 12ga slug barrels in the 1950s. If I remember correctly, they were 26'', and were marked, buck special, on the side. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.