16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Creative Reloading Solutions Hull Trimmer and decapping die
R J Talley
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:19 pm  Reply with quote

I recently bought two items from Creative Reloading; the best dang hull trimmer I have ever seen, bar none, and a very cleaver decapping and case mouth conditioning tool. The trimmer is Aluminum, brass and very solidly machined. It's not over stating to say it's beauti9ful. It's designed to make your case mouths perfectly even and concentric thus insuring a perfectly even crimp each time, no holes, no swirls, no issues. It functions using the hole in the front of the primer as a solid stop. It's gauge specific and...it simply works. You use it on the first reload to remove any uneven case stretch. I wish I had it years ago.

The decapper fits to all of the PW machines, the Mecs and the Hornady 366. It reconditions primer pockets if needed. It scrapes the inside of the case mouth to remove any crud that may block easy wad insertion and it opens up the crimp to a slightly flared condition so that wads just pop in. On the sub gauges this is area plus. To top it off, I had a question via email and the owner called me to discuss my question in detail. Everything came carefully pack and in perfect condition. I'd give this outfit an 11/10.

RGuill96971
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:23 am  Reply with quote

Rudy is a good guy, and his products work. I've had his hull trimmer for a long time and never disappointed.
Citori16
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:08 am  Reply with quote

Same here for both the trimmer & de-primer/de-capper. I only wish he had the de-primer for the 600 jr, have thought about drilling & tapping the MEC version to accept his de-primer ends, but have made do with putting it in the 9000. Great tool to re-size primer holes & de-prime live hulls without deforming them.

nj gsp
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:05 pm  Reply with quote

Looks like a quality product!
browningsweet161977
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:52 am  Reply with quote

I have both. Great product.

Browning citori grade 6 28" 16 gauge