16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Ithaca Gun...
jroth
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

all links aren't working and phone 315 is disconnectted.
Did we lose them???
Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:29 am  Reply with quote

Over on the Double Gun site a lot of guys are talking "website troubles" but you don't turn off the phone service cause of that! Dam shame if this turns out to be true. Guess will have some bastards in Turkey or Brazil start cranking out "the same gun" for a bargin price. Sad -B-
Tulsey
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:59 pm  Reply with quote

Lots of discussion on another shotgun site. It appears Ithica is now owned by Ithica Outdoors whatever that is. The doors are closed for now. Too bad. Hope they come back. It would be nice someday to have a 37 16 ga to fill the gap between the 20 and 12 I have now.
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:52 am  Reply with quote

I am reminded of something my dear mother used to say, "If you find something you like, buy TWO of them, as the chances are good you won't be able to one day down the road".

I took it to heart in this case, and own a two barrel equipped custom twelve gauge with killer left handed wood, and a sixteen ultralight, with screw in chokes and wood thats almost as nice. A Remington model 17 in 20 rounds out a nice trifecta. Myself being lefthanded, the Ithaca's have the lefthanded safety from Brownell"s installed. Sweet.

I hope they aren't gone either, but the clues could lead one to believe just that.

Best,
Ted
Parker Trojan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:26 pm  Reply with quote

Ted: Just to reinforce what your Mom said; Ted Trueblood once wrote that if you find something you really like, buy a lifetime supply because they are either going to quit making it or they'll change it so much you wont want it. I have been following that sage advise for 50 years.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:29 am  Reply with quote

Now you know why I want that third 16 gauge Citori 28" long tang Lightning model. Actually, I've got a hunting buddy who has been hammering me to trade him one of my two. I've tried to get him to buy a Citori 16 new short tanged model. He won't. don't ask me why. Its probably because he wants exactly what I have. Such is the human creature. The grass is always greener...etc., etc., ad nauseum. Anyway, help me stop his whining and campaigning. Help me find a 28" long tang (pre 1994) 16 Citori before I'm forced to put him out of his/my misery. Smile