16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16 Gauge 'Home Place'
brdhnt
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:16 pm  Reply with quote

Back before the small gathering of 16 Gauge Society Members hunt in Kansas back in November, several of us were kicking around the idea of having a 'Home Place' available in Kansas for members of the Society to gather and hunt out of.

I have been doing research since the hunt and have developed some ideas for the forming and organizing of this idea.

The basic idea is to have a house in Kansas with accomodations for up to 8 guests and to have a resident manager who would coordinate the hunts and be in charge of leasing/buying land for hunting. The resident manager would also be the local contact to acquire more land and to coordinate with local farmers and wildlife officers to have some of the land that has been leased or purchased to be prime bird habitat and to make sure that the land does not get overharvested. The resident manager would also coordinate special rates in a local motel for members if there were more members than accomodations available at the farmhouse.

I've a proposal available for any interested members. If we get moving on this now, it could be up and running by the 2007 season.

Anyone that is interested, please either PM me or e-mail me directly with your e-mail address and mailing address and I will send the proposal out to you.

My e-mail address is: terrymboyer@hotmail.com

Initially this was going to be very limited, but now we are going to open it up to any interested Society members.

The November hunt only had 6 members, but was very enjoyable. I know that all of us would like to have more opportunities to meet and get acquainted with other members of the Society and this would be a good way to do so and provide some chances for birds also.

Hope to be hearing from y'all soon.

Terry M. Boyer
________
MARIJUANA MEDICAL

Last edited by brdhnt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
storybrown
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:38 pm  Reply with quote

I think this is a grand idea and, depending on what all might be involved, and would be happy to be one of the 16 guagers along for the ride. I would promise to let everybody else shoot first . . .
Highcountry
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am  Reply with quote

E-mail sent.