16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  One of the happiest birthdays of my life!
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:47 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen & Ladies,

As many of you know we lost our very young Ryman/Old Hemlock pup a few months back to stomach cancer. Just today Mike at Wyss Fireside Setters contacted me and advised me that our replacement Ryman/Old Hemlock puppy had been born and we will receive the pup sometime in April of this year. I am very grateful to Mike for replacing the puppy I loved so much. There are still good people and quality breeders in this world! Wyss Fireside Setters is one of those quality Breeders and Mike the owner is definitely one of those people.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man
Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers

There is absolutely nothing like the magic of a Ryman/Old Hemlock puppy!

Another Ryman/Old Hemlock puppy on her way home!

FallCreekFan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

Very happy for you, Dave.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:25 pm  Reply with quote

Great news Dave!!

Swampy16
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:53 pm  Reply with quote

That’s great Dave. May the Good Lord bless every moment spent with your new pup.
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:46 pm  Reply with quote

I lost a one year old shorthair that had all the tools to be my one great dog of a lifetime and the breeder, John Prince, contacted me and offered to let me have a half-brother from an upcoming litter he had bred for his own kennel. The new pup. Dan is now three years old and just tied for Gundog of the Year in a 40+ dog trial club. I hope his departed older brother is looking down with approval, and know he's not been replaced, but his legacy is only continued.

There are reputable breeders with big hearts out there, and I'm glad you have found another. May your new pup be everything you want him to be.

DUKFVR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:07 pm  Reply with quote

Happy for You!
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:04 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Thanks much for your well wishes, I am extremely happy that Mike is the man he is, and that Wyss Fireside Setters is the business it happens to be, no doubt the Lord dwells in their family business.
I will never forget their kindness to my family, replacing this Ryman pup means a great deal to my family.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:29 am  Reply with quote

The dog breeders that I have had contact with were very special. My dad had a few GSPs, Watching one (pretzel) would bring tears to you eyes as she worked pheasants in standing corn. My wife and I had some of Pretzels pups but we didn't get attached to them as we did the house dogs. We had an Alaskan Eskimo pup that was attacked and killed by a German Shepard while we were walking in a city park. A nice kennel heard of the tragedy and replaced the little girl with male Samoyed pup. His name was Snowball but shorted to Wuf. It was a year when my wife was completing her degree and I interrupted my school to work in my family trained business, meat packing. Naturally I would smell of beef and had tidbits as treats for Wuf. In a sense he was our first child. He lived with us the year in Eugene Oregon, then two years in Chicago while I finished. then bounced around the US as I interviewed for jobs- finally getting hired in Washington State- the last few years of his life were at our present home, He died about 1990 at the age of 15, After a few years of grieving we obtained a Wolf/Malemute hybrid named Yukon Jack. On our property he was very protective. Unauthorized animals such as raccoons kept away but he was very affectionate to everyone that we considered a friend. He died of drain cancer at the age of 8 in 2008. After grieving we saw a notice of an American Akita that was being retired and could go to a good home. We were the third ones to interview and were accepted. Her name was Josie and it was love at first sight. She lived with us for 8 years before she died from female cancer. She was as loyal to us as her famous Japanese relative who lost his master. So now that we are at the age where a pup would out live us, we are refraining from getting one because we don't want to put the dog through the pain of losing us so we live with memories and photographs. Dogs are people too, and in a lot of cases, better than people,
Bret
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:05 am  Reply with quote

Thats great news, Dave. I can't wait to see pictures of your puppy.
We have a young setter puppy at our house right now. I think puppies keep us young at heart and refresh our passions.

https://bretwonnacott.com/
A Millionaire's Dream - a novel
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:37 am  Reply with quote

Bret,

I agree dogs definitely keep me young and Maggie Mae helped me recover from my open heart surgery, caused by Agent Orange. I know she was placed with me to help my recovery and when she passed over from cancer it was real tough on our family, especially me. I am hoping for a fantastic Ryman/Old Hemlock very healthy puppy.
Its time in this home to celebrate life once again with a new pup.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Savage16
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

Great news Dave. Please send puppy breath!

Aurelio Corso
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:22 pm  Reply with quote

Glad to here you will be getting another pup.
Citori16
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:18 pm  Reply with quote

Congrats Dave!

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:20 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

In addition to the new pup I also picked up anther 16 gauge L.C. Smith double gun. It should be at my FFL here in Penn Hills, Pa probably this weekend. I am just ecstatic about all this happening at the same time, one serious birthday for sure. Maybe my luck is changing for the better, new Ryman pup and another Classic American 16 gauge double gun. Life is very good right now for sure. When the pup arrives home I will definitely post pictures for you gentlemen, so you can see what she looks like.

all the best and thanks again,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

The recent 16 Gauge Field grade pick up, another serious Grouse & Woodcock gun.

hayseed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:34 pm  Reply with quote

First I heard, but not much worse than the loss you experienced. Good to hear of the new member of the family.