16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Parker Bros 16 ga barrels on ebay
Chrisss31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:14 am  Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Parker-Bros-Shotgun-Barrels_W0QQitemZ190078857012QQihZ009QQcategoryZ73955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
quinletc
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:11 am  Reply with quote

Would they fit another receiver? I've always been under the impression that receivers and barrels for doubles and O/U's were matched pairs. I know some modern guns ahve interchangable barrels, but these would have to be machined to fit, wouldn't they?
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:37 am  Reply with quote

Those barrels on E-bay are for a #1 frame receiver, with ejectors.
If your really really lucky, they may fit another #1 frame gun. More than likely, some fitting will be required. Also, the forearm lug is not in exactly the same spot on all barrels. So the chances of your existing forearm fitting are pretty slim, without some modification.

Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:01 am  Reply with quote

They look cut to me, it looks like the keels are missing.

In addition they were retrofit for the ejectors, not positive but that may be a problem with a factory VHE receiver.

Jeff
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:29 am  Reply with quote

I sent the person an e-mail asking for s/n. If I get an answer, we'll know soon enough. They could be VH barrels converted to ejectors. And they could be cut. His pictures leave a lot to the imagination.

Chrisss31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 pm  Reply with quote

I have another #1 frame 16 ga and they don't "drop in" they will have to be fit to the buyers gun. I don't beleive they were originally extractor barrels because they have the slots under the rib extension for the ejectors to slide in, and they also have the removable wear plate to get the ejectors on and off. They haven't been cut, it is tough to see in the pictures, but the matting on the rib stops short to a perpindicular line about 3/16" of an inch from the end. Also, the chokes are too tight to have been cut. I apologize for the pictures, I tried for about two hours and that was the best I could come up with, if you click on them they will blow up and you can see some more detail. I tried to caputre all the faults in the picutres, they won't shine on your prize collectable, but they're in great shape for shooters. SN 127603

Thanks,
Chirs