16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  model 12 16ga.
skeet16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:41 pm  Reply with quote

I saw this gun for sale last sunday, someone might be interested. It was a model 12 and the blueing on the reciever was real nice. The barrel did have some small pitting and a polychoke. The forearm was good with no visible damage. The stock did have quite a few handleing marks but I saw no cracks. You can contact Joe's Sporting Goods (St. Paul MN) at 651-209-7800. asking price $329 Very Happy
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:44 pm  Reply with quote

Dang polychokes Evil or Very Mad
skeet16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

I would have jumped on it even though I'm not a pump fan if it wasn't for the polychoke. o-well there might be someone out there for this old gun.
dbadcraig
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:16 am  Reply with quote

skeet16-

Thanks, that was just what I was looking for (a M12 16ga) when I ran into a M12 Featherweight 12 ga with a Polychoke and got distracted! The price is better by nearly $100 too, rats...that will teach me. After my banker (wife) allows, maybe I can get back on track and add a second 16ga to the stable.

In rationalizing my decision to buy a shotgun with a Polychoke (my first) I convinced myself that these old time shotguns will be found with them or without them--those with them were likely owned by folks who used them---and needed the flexibility of multiple chokes, why else would someone spend good hard earned money---so a Polychoke on a fine shotgun is like a pretty girl wearing eyeglasses- more fun to dance with.

If I was going to buy the shotgun to look at or for an investment, then I suppose the Polychoke (and in my M12's case addition of a recoil pad) would have killed the deal. Folks I have asked about the Polychoke seem sold on the function of the system (in fact I see where Polychoke is selling "Polychoke II" that will screw into the muzzle of modern screw in choke shotguns). Everything old is new again (like the 16ga)----

That was very nice of you to share your find---

Doug