16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  ANIB Citori Field 28"
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:34 pm  Reply with quote

rudyc wrote:
I've heard that Pterdactyl tastes like Bald Eagle

well, kind of a cross between spotted owl and california condor, actually...

sprocket
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:43 pm  Reply with quote

Britgun - just buy the damner thing and get us all out of our respectful miseries - your safe need this thing and you know it - at the vey least try the old "I was holding it for a friend" routine...

let us know how it goes...
Bald Eagle
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:47 am  Reply with quote

Be VERY VERY CAREFUL about what you say about me!!

Bald Eagle
jig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:48 am  Reply with quote

No -I think (or imagine) if Brit was gonna buy a citori it would be a 16GA superlite model with straight stock weighing in at about 6.4 -6.7 tops.

This would be a citori he could enjoy and use. Or, maybe a superposed "diana" found laying out in someones back forty, neglected with black wood and dark metal that was a 5,000 dollar gun waiting to happen. No, actaully I think he's beyond that now - too little time to fuss with polishing turds, or solidifying diarhea. Or maybe he would buy a real clay shooting specialty gun like an xs skeet, or real pretty 525 which would have almost the drop at heel he's used to. Actually, the 525 and Brit would be a match made in heaven. I've yet to shoot a citori that perform like the 525 on both clays and birds - while looking that beautifull as well. Folks seem to either love, or hate the 525. For the one's that love them they are magic wands. yep, I think he'd really enjoy a 16GA 525 field model weighing in at about 6.8- to 7Lbs tops. This makes it an all day clay shooter and also not to repulsive to carry in the field either.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:18 am  Reply with quote

If anyone here has a traditional family recipe for pteradactyl, then I'd call that real lineage. Everyone else is a Johnnie-come-lately next to this guy. Laughing
jig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:01 am  Reply with quote

Bet they were harder to eat than a salt duck dieting on nothing but fish and rotting crab corpses.

Gamey at best. Then, you'd also be stuck with a lot of it.
Doubt you could soak the thing in enough wine to suck out the gameyness, or enough buttermilk to tenderize it. Doubt they were grain eaters.
britgun
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:17 am  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
If anyone here has a traditional family recipe for pteradactyl, then I'd call that real lineage. Everyone else is a Johnnie-come-lately next to this guy. Laughing

Ask the guys in the Geico commercials....

jig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:26 am  Reply with quote

There you go again Brit, somehow inferring that by going to "the guys in the Geico comercials" we will somehow just happen to have a recipe for a pteredactyl. C'mon Brit just say what you reall mean, its because we're cavemen isnt it??

The Geico Guys.
britgun
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
There you go again Brit, somehow inferring that by going to "the guys in the Geico comercials" we will somehow just happen to have a recipe for a pteredactyl. C'mon Brit just say what you reall mean, its because we're cavemen isnt it??

The Geico Guys.

looks like somebody got up on the wrong side of the rock this morning....

jig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

Big sigh of frustration this time ending similarly to MAD Magazine's "scenes we'd like to see":

Caveman says Rolling Eyes : "very well then, take a bottle of red wine, say a vintage french red such as a 59 chateau neuf du pape. Reduce that down with some butter, fresh huckleberries and 3 whole sage leafes until achieving about a 1/2 cup of liquid, strain and reserve. In the meantime, place the Pteradactyl in a preheated 350 degree oven after barding and browning in a hot skillet until the skin is crispy. After cooking in the oven approx 30 minutes per pound, remove and let rest with a foil tent over it. Remove the breast meat from the bone and slice it across the grain at an angle in 1/8'thick steakettes or medalions. Place on a clean white plate and fan out in a circular fashion around a fresh picked tuft of sage. Take the reduced wine/huckleberrie sauce and pour into a pastry squeesze pouch and squeeze wine reduction in a double "Z" pattern over the meat being carefull not to saucce the fresh tuft of sage. Finish with some fresh pan seared fois gras on the outter edges of the plate with 3 drops of the wine reduction placed upon each slice of fois gras. Wipe the outer edges of the plate and serve. ENJOY!!!
jig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:03 pm  Reply with quote

Pefect: I can see it now the GEICO cavemen do the food channel. You know it would be off the charts in ratings. Heck, i'd watch it.
sprocket
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

I've heard rumors of a caveman TV show coming out...no rumors of any 16ga appearances though...
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

How about boiling one with a pair of sneakers until the sneakers are tender, chuck the 'dactyl, and eat the sneakers. Works for goose--usually. Rolling Eyes
britgun
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:33 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
How about boiling one with a pair of sneakers until the sneakers are tender, chuck the 'dactyl, and eat the sneakers. Works for goose--usually. Rolling Eyes

breast those geese (shoot the ones in the back of the V, the young smaller, tender ones), fillet the breast into 2 chunks o' meat off the bone, LIBERALLY pepper and Johnny's seasoned salt them, fry in half a stick of butter medium to medium rare, oh golly, it's good stuff.... you won't need sneaker no mo'.....

jig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:36 pm  Reply with quote

That sounds great brit. To this day the best goose I ever cooked was about 10 years ago. It was a single my brother took while walking through a corn field lookin for roosters - a lucky poke. He doesnt really like goose as much as I do so he gave it to me. When I got home I plucked that thing and through it in giant stell pot full of red wine (cheap) and salt. Then, soaked in that for 1 1/2 days. Removed it, patted dry inside and out. Salted and peppered inside and out. Then I cut up some celery, onion, carrots and mixed that all up in a bowl with some herbs and seasoning and stuffef it into the goose. Through it in the oven at about 325 degrees for about 2 hours or so, then blasted it at about 450 for the last ten minutes to get it nice and brown (I know I shoulda browned it in a pan first, but didnt know that back then cux there was no food channel). After the goose was done, I drained the drippings into a pan and added a bit of redwine, chicken broth. seasoning and butter, reduced that down some until the right thickness. Served up that goose for my wife and and I with some mashed potatoes with that gravy on them, as well as the sliced goose meat. Oh man!!! let me tell you. that goose was to die for. It was so good I save a portion for my brother who said it was the best meat of any kind he ever ate. I have to agree, getting hungry just thinking about it. I have heard some similar methods to what you shared with very good reports - I will try your method next fall.Thanks.