16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Ithaca pump
Pete
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:14 pm  Reply with quote

Can any one tell me any thing about a Ithaca model 560 pump
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

I think you are mistaken on either the model number, or the manufacturer. The model number doesn't appear in any of my books, or catalogs.
Sorry.
Best,
Ted
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:01 am  Reply with quote

Could that shotgun be an SKB made gun? Didn't SKB make an autoloader and a pump gun for its venture with Ithaca back in the '70s? I do know of one SKB made autoloader marketed back then. It belongs to a fellow member at one of the clubs I belong to. I remember him shooting it for both trap and skeet. However, they never made a 16 to my knowledge. It could also be a Savage/Stevens gun. I think they had a pump with that model number or a very similar one. They change model numbers like some folks change their underwear--every other year, so I might be confused. However, they have made pumps in 16. Although, I'm very fuzzy on the particulars so I could be wrong.

I also seem to have a very fuzzy recallection of Itaca making a solid framed gun with a non-removable/non- interchangable barrel too. They didn't seem to sell well and were quickly dumped. Again, I am not certain. someone help us here. thanks. Now if you'll excuse me, its my year to change my skivvies. Laughing