16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Loose Reciever on Browning Citori
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:36 am  Reply with quote

Wait a minute! Hold everything! Not ONE, but TWO posts on here reporting problems with Citoris!

We'd better send 16ga Guy out to Utah to straighten things out. Maybe put him on a plane to Japan, to talk to those Miroku guys . . . Almost makes you want to swap for one of those crappy Rizzinis! Smile
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:02 am  Reply with quote

You can have your Rizzini and I'll stick with the Citoris---I've owned about 6 over the years, shot them vigorously in 12, 16, 20, and 28 ga. and never had a single problem with any of them. Of course, none are as good as a good ol' Model 12, in whatever gauge....but that's a different dogfight entirely....

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:34 am  Reply with quote

Larry Brown wrote:
Wait a minute! Hold everything! Not ONE, but TWO posts on here reporting problems with Citoris!

We'd better send 16ga Guy out to Utah to straighten things out. Maybe put him on a plane to Japan, to talk to those Miroku guys . . . Almost makes you want to swap for one of those crappy Rizzinis! Smile

Spoken like a true Rizzini Weenie. Very Happy

Actually, I had a bit of a premonition last fall when I found out the 16 ga order to Miroku was being rushed to meet some vague deadline. This one is proof positive of the old saying," You can have it fast, or you can have it good, but you can't have it good and fast."

Historically, Miroku has always put quality before urgency. This same scenario happened about 15 years ago when Browning was pushing Miroku to speed up its barrel making technique transition period. the result was a bunch of really crappy barrels. It was during this time that I learned of the importance of straight, well regulated barrels that shoot true. Nothing is more importance on a two barrel gun.

All this aside, I know from experience that Browning will make any defective gun right or they will replace it. They have never failed me. It sometimes took some persistance, especially when they were being overwhealmed with a particular problematic lot of guns. But all always ended up well. Just stay the course and you will come out just fine.
NANTAN2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:17 pm  Reply with quote

o.k., so I go into the Browning website to check the status of my gun repairs. The Browning website tells me the work is complete and it has been shipped back to me....a month ago. And I don't have any gun. So, I call Browning in Arnold. They can't find my gun. So they call me back later that day. They found my gun....and they haven't even started on it after six weeks. I raised some hell with them, and supposedly they have put it on their "high priority" list....yeah right. To be continued......

NANTAN2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

Well, according to the Browning website my Citori 525 is on UPS and headed this way. Suppose to arrive next Tuesday. Can't wait to see the wood on the new stock. More later...

Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:55 pm  Reply with quote

Hope plenty of guys read this so to see just how good Browning treats thier customers. First they can't find it then its been shipped then they can't find it------------thats a flea circus operation of A-holes Mad Its a man's choice to buy the gun he wants and I ain't knockin that but I can't deal with a company that treats people like that. Jap made guns backed by poor service over here now thats a dam shame Evil or Very Mad
TJC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

I'm hoping by taking my Citori Feather to a local Browning Warranty Center I get a bit better service. I know the people there and I hope they can fix it there and not have to send it back to Browning.

Scolari
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:44 am  Reply with quote

I think it depends on the gunsmith. Last year I brought my 16 ga Citori to Stuart Wright to fix a trigger return spring. He is an authorized Browning repair gunsmith. He fixed it for nothing. I saw him at the Briley Open last week. I asked him to fix my Citori 20 gauge. The choke tube threads were tight on the top barrel. I just didn't like it. After he brought it back to his shop, he realized he didn't have the tap for 20 gauge invector plus. He said he called Browning and he shipped it and they would fix it and send it directly to me free of charge. I didn't even pay shipping. He said the condition of the guns were so good that they should be covered under waranty. I can't complain.
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:04 pm  Reply with quote

That's good news. Mine should be covered also and the gunsmith there is good. The gun is just 2 yrs old.

NANTAN2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:50 am  Reply with quote

Took the day off work to wait for UPS because I had to sign for the Citori. Well, UPS finally showed up at 4:30 in the afternoon (I get off work at 3:30). So, I'm pissed already. Then I opened the box and things went downhill from there. I'm so pissed off!! I paid $3,000 for a Grade 3/4 shotgun...and Browning sticks a plain jane Grade One stock on my gun!! The thing has no character at all...and doesn't come close to matching the forend. Then there's the issue of rust spots on the barrels. Must be humid in Missouri. I can't believe that Browning would send my shotgun back with rust on the barrels and a grade one stinking stock!! I've already sent a letter off to Browning letting them know of my disappointment in their service. Hopefully I will get a phone call, and we can work this whole thing out, but I'm not counting on it. Crap, who wants to ship their shotgun off to Arnold for another three months? I wouldn't even have it back in time for upland bird season. Well, there you have it. Pissed off in Utah!! To be continued.... Twisted Evil

onefunzr2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:57 am  Reply with quote

Such a sad story, it's almost comical. You know, you do have those ultra straight barrels to fall back on. Cool

This weenie and his Rizzini is feeling better now.

NANTAN2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:24 pm  Reply with quote

I called the Browning Corporate offices today to complain about the condition of the 525 when I got it back. A service rep named Dave helped me. He was very helpful. In fact, he's set up a meeting for tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at the corporate offices. He wants me to bring the 525 up and let the big shots there look it over and decide how to handle this situation. I'll have to update you after the meeting tomorrow.
Rich Rolling Eyes

Grousen
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:16 am  Reply with quote

I made the mistake once of shipping a shotgun through UPS via a local Mailboxes, Etc. store. I almost fell over when told the shipping charges were over $60.00, and the gun was only going from Ohio to New York!

I have since learned if I take the gun to the UPS distribution center locally, it only costs about $20 to ship. Then I learned if I just go around the corner to the post office they ship it for less than $20. Live and learn.

I have owned about seven Citori's, and only had problems with one of them. Shipped it to Browning for repairs of two seperate issues. When it was returned to me only one of the issues had been repaired, and they took bluing off the barrels where it had obviously been put into a vise. I learned from that experience to be a bigger pain in the a** to them, than they had been to me. By the time it all shook out, the customer service supervisor would have done about anything just to be rid of me. It took alot of timel, alot of phone calls, and alot of patience, but in the end I was quite satisfied with the replacement gun Browning sent to me.

When I returned the shotgun to them after they had returned it to me once, I let the supervisor know how much it had cost me to ship it the first time. The supervisor arranged this shipping at Browning's expense this second time, and UPS came to my door for the pickup with an address label already prepared.

I suggest getting one supervisors name and extension number, and dealing with only that person. Be doggedly persistent and don't make it personal with insulting profanity. I certainly was capable of communicating just how steamed I was without directing my rage at a person who at that point had nothing to do with my displeasure. The more often they hear from you, the more important it becomes to them to make you happy and get rid of you!!!

Good luck, and please let us know how it works out.
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:10 am  Reply with quote

Grousen wrote:
I made the mistake once of shipping a shotgun through UPS via a local Mailboxes, Etc. store. I almost fell over when told the shipping charges were over $60.00, and the gun was only going from Ohio to New York!

I have since learned if I take the gun to the UPS distribution center locally, it only costs about $20 to ship. Then I learned if I just go around the corner to the post office they ship it for less than $20. Live and learn.

I have owned about seven Citori's, and only had problems with one of them. Shipped it to Browning for repairs of two seperate issues. When it was returned to me only one of the issues had been repaired, and they took bluing off the barrels where it had obviously been put into a vise. I learned from that experience to be a bigger pain in the a** to them, than they had been to me. By the time it all shook out, the customer service supervisor would have done about anything just to be rid of me. It took alot of timel, alot of phone calls, and alot of patience, but in the end I was quite satisfied with the replacement gun Browning sent to me.

When I returned the shotgun to them after they had returned it to me once, I let the supervisor know how much it had cost me to ship it the first time. The supervisor arranged this shipping at Browning's expense this second time, and UPS came to my door for the pickup with an address label already prepared.

I suggest getting one supervisors name and extension number, and dealing with only that person. Be doggedly persistent and don't make it personal with insulting profanity. I certainly was capable of communicating just how steamed I was without directing my rage at a person who at that point had nothing to do with my displeasure. The more often they hear from you, the more important it becomes to them to make you happy and get rid of you!!!

Good luck, and please let us know how it works out.

Go back and re-read that post. Hint... that is not good customer service on their part. In my world, if we screw up, we bend over backwards to rectify the problem, and somehow make up for the customers inconvenience. If a Browning gun malfunctions, it SHOULD be the beginning of their finest hour. Not a nightmare.

I'm sorry for the small rant, but bad customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
NANTAN2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

Well gentlemen, I drove up to the Browning Corporate offices this morning. I was met by Dave, from Customer service. I showed him my shotgun, and the complaints I had with it. He took it into his boss, Ryan. They were gone about 10 minutes. When they came back they said if I would leave the gun with them, they would have a new stock (that I would like) installed and fitted within a week. They said that they would have it delivered to my home (I decided I would like to pick it up...then I could inspect it before accepting it), since their offices are only 30 minutes or so from my home. They then apologized for any trouble and said they would make it "right". Gave me a couple of Browning hats and I was on my way in about 20 minutes. So....this begs the question: Why didn't they do this two months ago instead of putting me through this circus with Arnold?
Fortunately for me, I had taken pictures of my old stock. I took them in to show them, and when they looked at the new one compared to the old one there was no question about the need for a replacement. Not to mention the vise marks on both sides of the stock, and the rust on the barrel.
I would have to say that I was impressed with the guys here in Utah. Not so with the ones in Missouri. It appears to me that they need some major shake up with the quality control process in Arnold.
I will let you know how this all washes out next week.
to be continued.....
Rich