16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16 Ga. guns for sale !!!
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:46 pm  Reply with quote

Oh boy... that model 21 was absolute perfection. To my eye, it looked brand new. And a piece of wood... simply gorgeous! They called it feather crotch or something like that.

The Parker was also a nice gun, if you like Parkers. Don't send the hate mail just yet. The gun is over 7 lbs. For a 16 ga. thats just too heavy for me. In defense of the gun, it does have 30" barrels. Niles says that 30" tubes on a #1 frame 16 ga. is rather rare. If it were a 6 lb. gun, I might have done something stupid and brought it home. A horny American Parker sitting unchaperoned in my safe with my svelte little Frauleins... Seriously, nice wood. nice blueing, Receiver still shows a hint of case colors. If the gun was refinished poorly, I would know it instantly. But my eye can't distinguish between an original gun and an excellent refinish. But, you know what, ask Niles. He's honest. And I'm sure he'll give you an inspection period.

One thing I can tell you, the store is filled with an almost romantic type of mood lighting. And being on the 2nd floor of a small strip mall, they can't take the guns outdoors for picture taking. In my opinion, most of the guns look better than the website photos.

I hope i've been of help.

Peter

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"