16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Looking 4 Citori White Lightning
sage1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:23 pm  Reply with quote

I'm looking for a good source for a Citori White Lightning 16ga. I've seen a few on the auction sites but would be more comfortable dealing with a wholesaler or retail shop. I'd consider a used one if that was possible. Any help is appreciated.

sage1
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:58 am  Reply with quote

Don't know where you're located, but you might try contacting Cabela's. I just checked their website and they have some Citori 16's, although the only White Lightning was listed as sold--but their inventory is always changing, and if you contact one of their Gun Libraries, they can check on the computer to see if any of their other stores have one in stock.

Cabela's also recently acquired a large number of FAIR (I. Rizzini) 16ga OU's. The basic Model 400 has similar features to a Citori 16: round knob, SST, choke tubes (but 5 of them instead of the 3 Browning gives you). The FAIR's are a bit lighter than the Citoris (except for the Lightning Feather). Priced at $1499 new in the box. I've shot a couple, and I think they're good guns for that price.

If you're in the Midwest, you might also want to check with Scheels. They have had Citori 16's in the past, but they don't list specific guns on their website. www.scheels.com, www.cabelas.com to link to those stores.
Mattkcc
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:43 pm  Reply with quote

I've been looking for a Citori Feather, wanted a little lighter weight then the Lighting. The Fair 400 would work 6.25 pounds but when I called my local Cabelas they never heard of it. Photo's of the gun look nice but I wasn't crazy with the wood butt plate. What I worry about with these Italian guns they seem to switch importer's annually.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:56 am  Reply with quote

Bingo! I've seen too many people learn the hard lesson about getting service for these "importer of the month" guns. I will say that Cabela's will stand behind their product for a reasonable amount of time. However, problems often do not show up for a while, sometimes several years down the road. Then there is normal wear and part breakage. Most of these importers are here today and gone tomorrow. They never establish a solid service program. Parts become scarce to non-existent and can be very expensive.

I'd advise buying a gun from a maker like Browning/Miroku, Beretta, SKB, Franchi, Kreigoff, or Perazzi if you wish to buy an import. These companies have a long, well established track record and a good service facility or program here in the States. In the case of a 16 ga., that pretty much limits you to Browning or Perazzi. Either is a wonderful gun. Yes, the Perazzi or K guns are expensive. However, they will last you your life, your childrens' and their childrens' lives too. Plus, they will hold on to Their value like a pit bull with a bone. The Browning will too at a much better price, if you can find a good used one. Its the biggest bargain out there. I should have mentioned Merkel too. They build a solid 16 ga gun and have a good service record too.

Last edited by 16gaugeguy on Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Scolari
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

If you are looking for a new Citori 16 ga, you might try Bill Hicks & Co.,LTD, 1-800-223-0702. They were the ones who special ordered the last bunch of 16 gauges and had several hundred when I bought mine a couple years ago. Their price for a Citori Lightning was $1212. You need an FFl to buy from them.
sage1
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on Bill Hicks. I'm too late though. i called and they don't have a single 16 citori available.

S1
whtlghtng
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

Here are a couple of sources for you. I bought my white lightning from Jake's place in Selah, WA. I don't know if he had any more but there was a good selection of over unders there. His number is 509-697-3430. I have also seen some 16 ga. Citori's at Kesselrings Gun Shop in Burlington, WA. Phone number 360-724-3113. www.kesselrings.com

I hope you find one because they are a great shotgun. I couldn't be happier with the performance of mine

Good luck.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

I'm surprised that KC Cabela's has not heard of the FAIR (I. Rizzini) guns. They're in stock at some of the Cabela's stores, if not all. I know for a fact that they're in the Owatonna store because I saw them last week. I'd suggest calling the Gun Library at whichever Cabela's, and asking them to check on line for you to see which store has what if they do not have any themselves. Owatonna has at least half a dozen 400's in 16ga.
kgb
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:44 pm  Reply with quote

Guns Unlimited in Omaha lists a Grand Lightning and a White Lightning, 26" bbls on each http://www.gunsunlimitedomaha.com/gunsearch.php , just use the gun search option to find what you want.

kgb

quailrun
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:05 am  Reply with quote

BEDLANS SPORTING GOODS, INC. in Fairbury NE. has a white lighting 16 ga. Note : this was on 9-10-05 402-729-6112 ask for Felix.

Good Hunting