16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  French 16 ga St. Hubert shotgun question.
kosinar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:54 pm  Reply with quote

Gentleman,

http://68.167.203.107:8050/FMPro?-db=GMA_Inventory.fp5&-format=inv_detail.html&-lay=web&-RecID=12585653&-Find

I purchased this French gun and I have trouble to find any reference to maker or model. Can you help with information? It is in good shape. I was concerned little about mentioned dents but I honestly could not find any. It is little loose but that will be taken care of by gunsmith. Thanks in advance.
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:11 pm  Reply with quote

You aren't likely to find much information on this gun. The French gun industry underwent a bloodletting in 1955, with a severe depression resulting in bankruptcy for many manufacturers. The Nazi occupation of St. Etienne 10-15 years earlier was not kind to the history of French gun manufacturers, either.

It is a good, everyday scalloped boxlock. Glad there were no dents ( I was taken to task by a member or two who went by the description rather than calling to find out more about the gun when I put a heads up on that gun here on the for sale board) and that the 'smithy will have it up and running for you , soon.

I'd use low pressure ammunition in the gun. RST, polywad, and W. Richards can help you out. Use it in good health.
Best,
Ted
fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:58 pm  Reply with quote

Might want to move this over to the "guns" section instead of the "for sale" area. Might get more action there, although Ted is the resident Frenchie expert, so if he's weighed in that's probably as good as there is out there.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook