16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16ga Remington Game Loads on Sale at Dick's Sporting Goods..
TJC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:17 pm  Reply with quote

ww,

No, couldn't be. I already had my 18 cases when I found these 12. Razz

I'm running out of room though. I think with hunting season coming and my shooting slowing way down until March, I'll stop buying for now. Wink

chilly460
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 pm  Reply with quote

I picked up last 2 flats they had at a local store today, to go along with the 3 flats I still have from last year. Also grabbed a flat of 12ga. While I was at it, bought the SBE 2 wood/blue they had on sale, price was very good...blasphemy.
TJC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:07 am  Reply with quote

weasel,

I'm heading out to Pocono Manor today for a round or 2. Got a call yesterday from a friend that is up from Fla. for a while. He and 2 others that I have shot with before were planning on going and needed a 4th. So what else could I do but offer up my services. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

First time there so I'll let ya know.

Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:41 am  Reply with quote

Stopped by the Dick's in Big Flats NY. cause I was near and recalled this thread. They are selling the Rem. stuff for $ 2.98/box and had #7 1/2 and 8's, only thing was they had no 16 ga. Exclamation Guy at the counter said that no one uses a 16ga. gun anymore and you can't even buy one let alone ammo for it! These kinda people must live in a vacuum bottle Rolling Eyes IMO, Dick's overall is not much of a store for shooters and hunters.
TJC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:35 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Capt.

I hope you educated the idiot. Mad

It's a shame some of these stores take the shoe salesman and let them sell ammo.

MGF
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:02 am  Reply with quote

It is a shame. Fortunately, I know 2 of the guys from one of the Dick's near me, and they're shooters. I've busted birds with them.

I have only found about two flats of 16 in 7.5 or 8 at Dick's. Either they reorder them very infrequently, or someone's beating me to them.

I still go there. They've got a 10-or more price of $5.78 per box on any AA or STS target load. Bought 3 flats of the Winchester Extra-Lites (1 oz. 12s) this past weekend. These days, I'm thinking $57.80 for the premium target loads isn't bad at all.

Plus, with all the flats I buy there, should be getting plenty of $10 gift certificates from them in the near future.
vero
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:03 am  Reply with quote

After reading your post about the sale of 16 ga ammo at Dick's, I quickly went to the Cherry Hill location here in NJ and found only the 12's and 20's were on sale. The greatest salesman of salesman asked me to wait while he looked into their inventory. A short while later he announced I was the luckiest guy of the day. He found one case of Remington Game loads 1oz -7-1/2's and he would sell them to me at the 12 & 20 price. Nice to know great people are selling stuff at Dick's. And may I add, limited out on Doves same day.

TJC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:34 pm  Reply with quote

I tried E. Hanove again yesterday only because I was in the area. Not a box let alone a flat of RGLs in 7.5s. They did have a flat of 6s which I had no use for.
They were included in the sale price though if they had the ones I wanted.

I'll just have to sit on what I have and be happy.

I did pick up a box of 16ga. hunting ammo that I didn't need but I had a $10 Rewards Coupon so I bought them.

onefunzr2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:47 am  Reply with quote

Dick's is a bunch of dicks, at least when it comes to the gun department. I've had a rain check for 5 flats of Rem GL168's since August 16th. They've got my snail mail, email, and cell phone #. I have not heard from them at all. All the help seems to be brain dead.

Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:08 am  Reply with quote

Dick's is dick's ! Laughing says it all.
TJC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:53 am  Reply with quote

Captain_Billy wrote:
Dick's is dick's ! Laughing says it all.

I can't say that since they got me 30 flats of RGLs since around April.

But I will agree that many times they could use a few more people that knows what the heck is going on in the world.

rgrigutis
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:58 pm  Reply with quote

they can't place individual store orders which tells me something about theit organization, pardon the oxym oron. apparrently someone, somewhere monitors whjat they sell and replenishes w/ an arcane formula designed to have just enough on hand. i wipe 'em out every time i com e accross 'em. you'd think the program would note that they don't stay on the shelves very long in s. indiana and throw on a couple xtra flats until supply equals demand. when i get 'em up to the counter the price is never right neccessitating a phone call back to the hunting clerk. i've paid from 2.50/box to 3.60/box when buying w/coupon in flat volume.

it's sorta like before lowes and home depot when you could go down to the local hardware store w/ a plumbing problem and the proprietor would give you what you needed to get by your problem along w/ all the advice and technical dope you needed. you paid more but you probably shot skeet w/ the guy on wednesday nights and had a pop or two after. i don't cotton to the franchise stuff. i'll pay xtra and get my prescriptions from a pharmacist i can call in the middle of the night if need be or the local mechanic who was in the same outfit in viet nam w/ me.