16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  M12 16ga 26" Cyl 1948
kgb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:17 pm  Reply with quote

This one was made in 1948 according to the serial nr as listed in the Madis book. 26" plain barrel, is stamped with a "47" on the underside and the carrier has a "guard" on it to prevent the shell from falling out. It functions perfectly with every shell I've tried in it to date, including Fiocchi, Federal, Winchester and Remington, plus reloads of each. The buttstock has a thin crack running through the left side, it looked like a flaw through the grain so I sanded a small area to prove to my satisfaction that it is a crack. It is not critical, in my opinion, and could be easily reinforced. This is not a thin stock; various M12 experts will claim that 12ga stocks were installed on smaller gauge guns and this may be one of those instances. It is not as trim as earlier stocks for sure, and I believe it is the original stock for this gun as it was very tightly fitted when I first removed it. If you buy the gun and disagree, send it back and I will refund full price of $525. Carry wear is visible in pictures, I don't think the gun was reblued but can't guarantee that except to say the receiver edges are still sharp.

For sale at $525, shipped to your FFL.

PM for more info!

kgb

Last edited by kgb on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

mdoerner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:46 pm  Reply with quote

What!? Giving up on the Win M12? I'm tellin' you right now, you can't have the Rem M31 back that you sold me! Laughing

Mike Doerner
kgb
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:58 am  Reply with quote

Mike, you should be ashamed! Very Happy The reason for selling is the fact that my M97 has a Cylinder choke. I still have M12's in Mod and Full, so don't worry about the situation! A couple months ago I actually considered an older 870 Wingmaster in Full, with a true .036" of choke in it, so Rem's aren't out entirely, but an A5 or M37 might be a better fit. All options are considered.

kgb