16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Resolution with Browning
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:50 am  Reply with quote

In regards to the problems I had with my 16ga Citori Feather, the issue is now closed.
I received a check from Browning today for the full amount that I paid for it in 2005.
They would not cover the mid barrel bead or the recoil pad I put on it. I can understand that. They were suppose to return the pad, a Pach Decelerator pad but it didn't show up with the check. If if gets here fine, if not, of well. I did want to fit it to my new 16ga Citori but I'll do without if I have to.

Anyway, 5 months later the issue is done.

Highcountry
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:07 pm  Reply with quote

That's good news! Bully to you, to have the tenacity to pursue a decent resolution. Check, and check off.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

At least you didn't take a real loss financially---ALWAYS remove any after market product before sending a gun in for repair/return. Wink
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

hoashooter wrote:
At least you didn't take a real loss financially---ALWAYS remove any after market product before sending a gun in for repair/return. Wink

hoa,

I would have done just that if I had any thought that the gun would not be coming back. I never thought it would come to this but at least it's a done deal. Shame too, I liked that gun and shot it well.

On to my next purchase, maybe. Thinking on a CG in 28 or .410. I could use it over the dogs once in a while.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:06 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah it's too bad it came to the end the way it did---Browning customer service leaves a lot to be desired----Why do I still choose them Embarassed Shocked
MGF
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:30 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry for your troubles, TJC.

IMO, the owners of the brand aren't doing JMB's name many favors lately. Flame me if you will, lovers of the Buckmark, but the company does not appear to be the exemplar it once was.

On a happier note, TJC, you'd be downright proud of my shell whoring. Wink Got about 20 flats of various GLs in 7.5 and 8 stocked up for practice. Alas, most will sit until after February. Pheasant seasons is upon us, thank God!
TJC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:36 am  Reply with quote

MGF,
I agree with the Browning Service track record. It took a lot of doing to get to a happyending with them. No parts to replace broken ones, different stories about what is wrong with the gun, out sourcing primary jobs for repair etc etc etc.
But it's over, I'm happy and will move on to a new Ceasar Guerini. Very Happy

Nice job on the shells. I still have a "few" flats left. They too will wait until around March to be shot as pheasant season is starting next Sat.
I'm heading out to shoot some sporting clays today and trap tomorrow. That will be the end of just shooting until March.

Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:18 am  Reply with quote

Browning is just a good name from the past Sad thier quality and service is gone---shame. Hope you enjoy your new Guerini Smile
Brian Meckler
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:25 am  Reply with quote

Guys come on. He got a refund, so what TJC had to make a few phone calls and ship the gun. He received a check for the original amount paid. After dealing with many broken guns in my lifetime I call a refund for a gun that wasn't being fixed good customer service.

The lesson learned is don't buy an alloy frame O/U.

I disagree that their quality is gone. Browning sells more O/U than CG and there are very few problems with them. I have owned and still owned several Browning shotguns and they have been real workhorses. There have been a problem with the alloy framed Brownings in the past. They have stopped production on most of their light models because of these problems that TJC was experiencing.

Brian
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:24 am  Reply with quote

I own three Citoris (20,16,12) and one BPS (16), and have NEVER experienced a single problem. I would buy a Browning again in heartbeat!

Substandard/faulty examples of any category of product can slip through the cracks occasionally. They are made by humans, and humans make mistakes.
MGF
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:05 pm  Reply with quote

Brian Meckler wrote:
Guys come on. He got a refund, so what TJC had to make a few phone calls and ship the gun. He received a check for the original amount paid. After dealing with many broken guns in my lifetime I call a refund for a gun that wasn't being fixed good customer service.

The lesson learned is don't buy an alloy frame O/U.

I disagree that their quality is gone. Browning sells more O/U than CG and there are very few problems with them. I have owned and still owned several Browning shotguns and they have been real workhorses. There have been a problem with the alloy framed Brownings in the past. They have stopped production on most of their light models because of these problems that TJC was experiencing.

Brian

I don't disagree that most Brownings are workhorses, Brian. I do believe though, that TJC's getting bounced around for five months is piss-poor service. It should not happen with a company of Browning's size and once well-earned reputation for outstanding customer care.

Re alloy-receivered guns, I agree the Feather has its problems. My brother's went to Arnold, Mo., two or three times, then went away on a trade. However, I'd also add that my Beretta UL, built on an entirely different lockup system and with a titanium insert in the breech face, has been trouble-free for about 8 years now. I'n not sure I'd lump all alloy guns in the same group.

And before anyone jumps in about that company, I've needed Beretta USA customer service department twice in about 15 years of owning Berettas. Both came back to me before the time estimate was up. In one, a stock that developed a hairline crack behind the trigger, the stock was replaced at no charge to me, including all shipping. On the other, a cracked forearm that I let go too long, they offered repair for free or replacement forearm at parts cost. I took the replacement. IF memory serves me correctly, I paid out about $160 on that onne.

I don't say there are not a lot of good Browning guns getting it done every day out there. I do think, though, that something has gone awry in Browning's oversight of its Arnold, Mo., operations.
TJC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

BM,

I don't dispute that overall Browning makes a decent O/U shotgun. But after owning both NEW Brownings and the new CG guns, I'll take CG hands down.
If for no other reason than for the Customer Service. Browning's stinks and CG while maybe because they are new, maybe because they are still small, whatever the reason is, theirs is great.
Browning doesn't even have any parts for the 16ga Citori guns. That's poor. The only parts they have are the ones that also fit the 20ga guns.

I'm very pleased as I stated with the results concerning my Citori. I will still use the other Citoris and Superposed I have.
But any new O/U purchases will go to CG. Wink

CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

Does CG make a 16ga?

Matt
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:07 pm  Reply with quote

CitoriFeather16 wrote:
Does CG make a 16ga?

Matt

No 16 ga. No plans on one in the near future either. No company is perfect. But, they do make a 5 1/2 lb. 28" 28 ga. That one is the bomb!!!

TJC. Congratulations on the settlement. We missed you last week. Maybe, next time.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
TJC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:57 am  Reply with quote

TJC. Congratulations on the settlement. We missed you last week. Maybe, next time.[/quote]

Yea I'd love to if I'm allowed to. Wink