16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Need 1 bag of R16 wads for testing .
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:59 pm  Reply with quote

Hello everyone :

I need to purchace one bag of the Remington 1OZ R16's Please help me out send me an address and the amount I owe and I will get it on the way .

I know your asking what is going on ??? You will have to wait like the rest of us , but will tell you the single cavity should be done around Xmas my buddy the Moldmaker told me night before last when I was over looking things over actually I had some welding work to take back that Little Arnie flung out of the chuck and of course I do all the welding, take the parts back and they clean them up good as new .

So at the first of the year Ballistics testing will commence HURAH YEPPIE AND WHEW WE . as you can see I am excited.

Regards Charles
CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:57 pm  Reply with quote

Charles: I got mine bulk so I don't have them in bags. p.m. me with your address and how many you need and I'll send them out. My contribution to your work.

Matt
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

Same here......let me know if you need any more. But you will have to give me some more hints in trade!
Jgoodman1933
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:40 pm  Reply with quote

Charles,
Tell me how many and where to ship. I have plenty.
Thank you very much for sending me the article. It was great and has helped. I have gone out twice since I read it. I am 4 for 6. We are going out again Sat. AM I will send pictures when I can figure out how.
How was your last hunt in SD at the Reservation?

Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:40 pm  Reply with quote

Hello Jgoodman :

Glad you liked the artical it helps everone that gets to read it . I am posting the outcome of the last hunt at this time you can take a look .

I think I am getting ready to go back next week again. have to wait on the weather reports .

I have accepted Citorifeather's offer and would like to thank the rest for your offers , being as Citori was the first to offer I will accept his offer .

I will tell you things are getting closer by the day keep your fingers crossed that I can get just 10% done of what I have planned .

Regards Charles
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:47 am  Reply with quote

Hello Matt:

I received the wads yesterday , Thanks a bunch I have already determined several things just from going through this bag of wads .

1. They used a 24 cavity mold to run them.

2. The mold has a hot runner system ( this tells me the tooling has been updated, perhaps several times)

3. I have not checked it YET but looks like the shotcup is a 7/8 OZ not a 1 OZ will verifiy later today on that one .

4. It appears target size was to be .640 with shrinkage it comes out in the average of .634 design is consistant with the 12ga version except the 16 ga has 4 smaller holes under the shotcup compaired with 3 for the 12 ga
( the only reason I can see for the smaller holes under the shotcup is to lighten the web section to allow for faster cooling ??? Does anyone know for sure if my guess is right or not ???)

5. After sitting here in the ice and snow storm looing at the various wads I kinda like the ribs inside of the powerpiston shotcup , thinking on that one , it stiffins the wad pedels to allow easier high speed loading .

6. The size would facillitate the loading in the taper hull as well for certain applications ( I know 12ga hulls and wads quite well but still working on the best applications and diversity for the 16ga , if you had not noticed I REALLY LIKE THE WIN AA HULL ( OLD STYLE ) this and the Rem premier either one I will accept as a GREAT HULL WITH GREAT PLASTIC.

7. I will tell you folks that now that any profits from the new wad will be turned around and placed back into more 16 ga products , I consider it a journy that will have merit and validity to bring the 16ga back to its place as it has been written , THE QUEEN OF THE UPLANDS. With you folks helping by sharing the 16ga with others and letting them know that upon the horizon more choices of componets and guns are coming we can grow this thing back to promince .

8. I REALLY LOVE IT, WHEN EVERYONE TELLS ME I AM CRAZY FOR SHOOTING A 16 GA . ( ITS A DEAD HORSE THAT NEEDS TO DIE , LEAVE IT ALONE , DONT TRY TO MAKE ANYTHING AMERICAN , USE THE OVERSEA'S PRODUCTS ( ITS MORE PROFITABLE ) I say to those hogwash I will do what I want to do as I have always done . When the doing is right and just I dont care about the PROFITS . I want the best gun , shell , wad to shoot and DAMN THE PROFITS . These I will turn around and put back into more products for us to use . Now that I have made my postion CLEAR back to work on having fun with this development.

Regards Charles