16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Ivory Bead
mrosspa
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:55 am  Reply with quote

I found this shop about 2 blocks from my office.

How many of you into a store, and have polite but relatively uninformed people helping you?

By chance, on a gun manufacturer's web page they listed a dealer 2 blocks from me?! It turns out that Ivory Bead is so discreetly placed, that I've driven by and never saw it.

They appear to sell nothing but shotguns. When I told them I shoot 16 ga., the guy said I shoot that and 28 ga. "Do you need 2 1/2 shells for that 16? Because we can get those if you need them."

They were the people that told me about Phillips Wholesale for reloading supplies. If you ever get the chance to go to their shop, I'd recommend it.

When I was talking to one of the owners, he talked about shooting in vintage clothing, and it reminded me about an earlier thread.

If you get the chance checkout Ivory Beads on Shopper's Lane in Covina, California.

Michael

HIGH$TRAP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:41 pm  Reply with quote

Here's their web site

http://www.ivorybeads.com

Best regards R Rambler

Last edited by HIGH$TRAP on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trigg
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:26 pm  Reply with quote

I obtained my 16 gaure Lebeau Courally over underfrom hteml it is a special gun and I had an excellent experience with them.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

Wow---A place where they know and understand shotguns Shocked Shocked AND in California to boot Laughing I got on the site and started to drool--- Cool Very Happy
cvdawley
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:22 pm  Reply with quote

Great Guys! I have bought two sxs from them and got good deals and friendly response.. Charlie
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:12 am  Reply with quote

Ivory Beads is a great place to visit. Jaeger plops down on the floor of the gun room while I browse. Good guys with guns you don't get to see regularly. Phillips Wholesale....MANY thumbs up! I buy my flats of 16's there......anything you need at standard prices, not inflated BS.
sprocket
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:18 am  Reply with quote

does Phillips have a website?
mrosspa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:42 pm  Reply with quote

Sprocket:
I sent you a PM, but I don't know if it will work. I mentioned Phillips Wholesale on the reloading section. The thread I started is called reloading supplier. I didn't mention him in the thread name, because I wasn't sure if my shameless plug might set the Moderators upon me.

I included Phillips Wholesale's address and phone number on the thread in the reloading section.

High$trap:
I'm the other guy with the poodle. His dog is Sasha, and my male is called Mountie (from Canada).

I have and will keep asking questions about reloading. You are all a great resource. I'm just excited to meet anyone that knows anything other than, "The price on that item is this many dollars, and it is special order." While people out here shoot 16, none of the people I associate shoot anything other than 12.

While the 12 ga. is a versatile gun, it doesn't serve my needs at this time. After I buy my next 16 ga. I'll probably get a 12 or 10 for geese. At this point, for most duck, the 16 has been fine.

You've seen this scenario before. Some one asks you why a 16. You try to explain, and they never really listened. For example last June we were shooting mallards for a hunt test for the dogs. The ducks was cast across like a passing shot about 30 yards away. Essentially one of the guys said grow up and buy a real gun. They were shooting 12 ga. with #6 steel, and I was shooting 16 ga. #4 (Federals). Every duck they shot was crippled, but not killed. Every duck I hit folded, and was dead.

All weapons have there applications, and limitations. Fortunately, I don't get many obnoxious comments like that guy.

HIGH$TRAP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:13 pm  Reply with quote

mrosspa, woops my bad, had you confused with Roper! Glad to see we have another Poodle owner on the board though. Regards R Rambler
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:37 pm  Reply with quote

Nope....no website, small local shop.