16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Remington Mod -31 16ga.
fowler
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:56 pm  Reply with quote

One of my favorites only second to the Ithaca M-37. The Reminton 31 was made in 1946 right after the war. ,its a plain field grade 28" barrel full choke. As alot of early guns were choked around this time and pre-war. We must remember there were no tight shooting plastic shot cups ,but fiber and cork which needed the tight full chokes to get any range. The believe in those days was tighter was better. My dad and uncles all cut there teeth on 2- M-12 winchesters 16ga. nickelsteel full marked barrels that grandpa bought for them. These guns were worn white and used till they became sloppy and were sold for new Ithacas 16ga. which replaced them. Along with a old Win. M-37 single shot in 16 ga. which is still in the family and hunting. Back to the old M-31 Rem. its %70 cond. with very good wood and tight butter smooth action that still hunts a few times a year for old times. I would like to know what happened to the 16ga. Parker Trogan That one of the relatives had. Hum seen many a grand 16ga. and still looking for a few old ones. They talk to me and tell tales of hunts and the men that used them.