16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Stoeger 16 Condor (New for 2006) Your thoughts
Southern PA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:24 pm  Reply with quote

I m a very happy owner of a 16 gauge Browning Citori (like the genuine 16 gauge frame),

I recently had seen a press release regarding Steoger introducing a 16 O/U in 2006. I know that many of you may think (as I, to some degree feel) that Steogers are bulky, utilize cheap metal, etc....but I would like some of your thoughts regarding the pros and cons of possibly buying one for a "beater". I know that the possibility of this gun being bulit on a 16 or 20 gauge frame is rather remote, but what do you guys think of this new offering and/or Condors in general (never owned one).

Southern PA.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:36 am  Reply with quote

Hey ya beat me to this one Laughing Wink I bought a condor I in 20 ga 5-6 years ago it has been used/abused with no problems.HOWEVER -the newer ones are SCAREY--I picked up a 20 -new-the other day a nickle could be placed between the barrels and breech when closed-plus the wood sucked Embarassed Embarassed After this encounter I would not buy one sight unseen-also emailed other folks -same problem-don't know why the quality dipped off so bad Question Question Question I will not be spending my $ on one-at one point I was going to get one in 16 ga- Evil or Very Mad
mod11rem
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:39 pm  Reply with quote

I agree with hoashooter. I picked up a new stoeger the other day and thought the same ( maybe not a nickle, but surely a dime could be put in the same place. I've seen better wood on BB guns and the wood to metal fit was atrocious. I've put together model airplanes made out of Balsa that fit better. Looks like they farmed out the manufacturing to somebody that didn't know any better and didn't care. I'd pass. mod11rem

fowler
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:56 pm  Reply with quote

For the same money the Spartan Reminton Russian guns are a better buy. I had a Stoeger SXS 16ga for a season and it was a 12ga. frame. It was Imp-cyl and mod. It worked ,but it was a camp meat gun and we only fired a 100 rounds or so out of it. Walmart can order a Charles Daly 16 ga. double for you called the Field Hunter 2. Allso www.cdnnsports.com has a special on them and some Rizinni Lx501 16ga. Ou for $649.1-800-588-9500. You can make the deal through your dealer. Or you can look for a used Japanese Citori for $700 to a $1000 range on the auctions or gun shows.