16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  great bag
mod11rem
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

hey, guys. I just got my shooting bag (the one for joining) today. It's great. like I need another accessory for shooting/hunting/etc. However, I love the logo and this site.

What can we do to find others who believe this is the best shotgun ga. ever designed. Surely we can get a blurb in one of the shotgun mags out there. I just stumbled on this thing, but I know it was meant for me. I have given my kids a bunch of flack for spending so much time on their blogs. I told my son about this site and he said "dad, you're blogging". so be it.

I've decided today that in addition to my desire to own a really nice double 16 (L.C. Smith, Fox, Parker) that I'm going to just start collecting them, large or small, cheap or ouch. I passed up an o/u 16, Mod 440 Stevens maybe??, something like that a couple of years ago at a gun show. never again.

All right, I'm goin duck hunting SAt. I'm going to take my mod 11 with the I/C barrel with some Win superx 2's. what the hell. you only live once and I can surely find another barrell if I look hard enough. If anybody wants some good duck/dove recipies let me know. The only thing I do better than shoot is cook. that's what she says, anyway.

mod11rem

hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum-To further expand your knowledge of the 16,you can join the low pressure group.This would be good if want to load for one of the older doubles or o/u.Look for RWG on this site {Russ}This is 20 bucks well spent Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink The bags are really nice only complaint is ,well they are too small---when I head to the club I want to shoot ALOT of 16's Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
bustingclays
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:34 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

I too love the 16 ga society bag and I tote it full of 16 gauge shells and a second (non-sixteen labeled browning bag) to the range each Saturday and Sunday.

You should have heard the compliments I got out in Kansas for the bag!

On another note or two - any of you ordered the orange 16 gauge hat? Is it bright enough to be a blaze orange cap?

Further - hoashooter from Illinois - did I see a post from you that you shoot at Scott AFB? I shoot there some.

thanks....

Dr. 16 Gauge
Foursquare
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:16 am  Reply with quote

I only found this site when I saw an ad in _Shooting Sportsman_.

Joined 11/18, no bag yet. Sad

Pete
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:20 am  Reply with quote

Pete,

Hang in there; Doug's a busy guy, and can be a little slow( Smile ) but he'll get 'er done! You'll be pleased with the bag when you get it.

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
driggy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:08 am  Reply with quote

When did they start giving out bags. I've been here since the end of August and first I'm hearing about it.
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

Driggy,

You can buy the bag in the "gear" section; costs about $30 as I recall. Or you can join up for about the same price and get the bag thrown in. Click on "join us" on the home page.

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Foursquare
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:47 am  Reply with quote

Not to worry.
Mr Fedex brought my bag yesterday.
It's very nice.

Pete