16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Nice Shot 16ga loads
PatrickB
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:55 pm  Reply with quote

This week I emailed Nice Shot and asked if they were going to produce 16ga shells - they currently have two options 1) purchase shot for reloading; 2) buy the 2 1/2 RST shells - neither of those options excited me as reloading is not an option and I'm not smart enough to know about 2 1/2 ammo and don't shoot a vintage shotgun. The website offers only 12ga shells for purchase. To my surprise they responded asking what 16ga load(s) and quantity I would be interested in purchasing and they would let me know a price and estimated time it would take to complete my request. I assume this to mean they are taking 'custom orders' of 16ga ammo. Granted the 12ga ammo is selling for $3.20 (RST is $3.00) a shell so we're not talking about any 'deals' when it comes to cost. But the freedom to request any load(s) in 16ga is very interesting for those of us looking for a non-toxic option. Other than the website and some chat room feedback I don't have any experience with Nice Shot. At 10.2 g/cc it's safe to shoot through any bbl. If nothing else it was an interesting response so I thought I would share with the 16ga crowd.