16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  WHEWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE YHIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE
Scolari
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

What do you think it is? Maybe its own skeet class?
Bronco
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:47 pm  Reply with quote

All my 16ga SxS's have 2.5in chambers so it's pretty much a reloading proposition. Thanks to the 16ga reloading forum, I use 7/8oz shot at 7K psi in these old guns. Gulandi 2.5in primed hulls from Graf & Sons have been the hull of choice, although some cut down AA's would be very excellent Cool
kgb
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm  Reply with quote

If new Remington hulls, they should call them "Shur Shot"s...there's a huge gap for them in the lineup right now! Smile

kgb
alaskajake
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:13 pm  Reply with quote

Mr. Hammack: Instead of treating these people like idiots and letting them flounder around in some silly guessing game, tell them what's up. They're big boys and will understand if it fails to evolve.
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

Patience grass-hopper....We are having fun with Charles and it would appear Jake you are the only one floundering here. Rolling Eyes
Best,
Ron
alaskajake
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:58 pm  Reply with quote

Ron, Maybe you are right. Could be that the guessing is part of the fun for some of you.
skeettx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:29 pm  Reply with quote

Jake, good last post, When I go fishing, I do not get a strike every cast, but the anticipation is worth the gas money. I do not know what Charles has in the brew, but he is excited and therefore, I am excited. BUT, I did secretly unwrap some of my gifts before Christmas :>)) Enjoy the day, Mike
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:15 am  Reply with quote

Guessing? I'd say more like commiserating, hoping for some marveling...

I'd like to think that decision makers in the industry are reading our comments, and that if we make sense or can promote an alternative that they can swallow ($12.00 16AA's?), that maybe, just maybe, we can move forward with the gauge at a quicker clip. I'm proud of the improvements that I have seen in the time I have been reading the forum. I see some momentum(sp?) and either want to fan the flames or get out of its way.

I support the 16 gauge events idea. They don't have to be well attended at first, they just have to happen and the industry must find out about them. The events can be designed to pay for themselves, but will not likely generate enough revenue to do the marketing that is needed to bring our cause to the forefront.

I'd be willing to bet that there are members and interested parties that would like to donate (provided that 16GS provides a tax status that allows write-offs) to an ad campaign, so that might be the way to go.

Reno

alaskajake wrote:
Ron, Maybe you are right. Could be that the guessing is part of the fun for some of you.

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:55 am  Reply with quote

If you think about it, on the clay course the 16 can do everything the 12 and 20 can do. So it stands to reason a 16 is an excellent all around clays gun, if only ammo availability and cost were alleviated.
16'er
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:57 am  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
If you think about it, on the clay course the 16 can do everything the 12 and 20 can do. So it stands to reason a 16 is an excellent all around clays gun, if only ammo availability and cost were alleviated.

I had a private chuckle the other day.. Was poking around on Shotgunworld, and found my self reading a thread in in the SC forum. Guy had been having trouble moving up from his class, and wondered if he was switching chokes and shells too much. He got a lot of "You ought to find a 1oz load with a moderate velocity and stick to it" answers. Best I conclude after reading the thread was he should just get a 16ga with fixed chokes and all his problems would be solved. Wink

Well then that raises the question, "when can I get my "Hammack 90" with one set of 30" LM/IM and a set of 26" Sk/LM fixed chokes for field work?"
Denny J
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:52 pm  Reply with quote

I am sure it's going to be a Benelli SBE or a Beretta ExtremaII chambered in the all new 3 1/4 " 16 ga Magnum.
jtw1952
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:48 pm  Reply with quote

I am a new member to the 16 gauge society. I have viewed the posts over the last several weeks and am excited about how much interest there is on so many issues especially what Charles is working on. I have been out of the loop on shooting for several years and have loved the 16 gauge throughout the years. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute to the discussions (in an intelligent way) and to contribute to the efforts the Society.
Tijeras_Slim
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:16 pm  Reply with quote

Hi JTW from a neighbor to the south.

Of course, the 16 knows no boundries.
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

Welcome aboard JTW1952

Nice to have you to visit with , and yep things are getting REAL INTERESTING INDEED .

A very few of you know exactly what is going on , but I have sworn them to secretcy , the rest will have to wait .

Keep your fingers crossed for all of us THIS IS A DOOOZZZZZZZZZEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY , what we have in THE WORKS .

Regards Charles
cvdawley
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 pm  Reply with quote

Charles I cant decide if you are more of an exhibitionist or a voyuer, but you sure get off on drawing attention