16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  To My Dear Friends on The 16GA Forum..
16shukker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

I am a long-time member that has been absent from this and many other forums for quite some time. In a realtively short window of time I got divorced, squeezed of almost everything I owned and hurt by a wife with the power and malice to be able to do it (Sole control of all our accounts).
I will shorten this story in my effort to get beyond this subject matter by saying I couldnt afford an attorney to fight her because I know your all going to ask how I let it happen.

ALso, in that time frame I suffered a heart attack, was hospitalized and might have died had it not been for my brother's quick recognition of symptoms and forthright delivery to the emergency room. After a couple months recovery I was able to return to work, but was then soon a causalty of new corporate owners who brought in all their own people. So to make a very long story short, I've been through hell and still not out of it yet.

For I am still unemployed, have been struggling to make ends meet as well as find a new job. Let's just say my life has been just a bit beyond anything normal. Therefore I ask for your forgiveness for my sudden departure and vanishing act I had no choice but to pull. I tried initially to log-in with my old information but it didnt work so I had to re-register. My old name was Jiggyman if I remember correctly and I was an avid reader and contributor here on this site. I am back now I hope to stay, but I'm still not out of the woods yet. I had a bad year to understate it, and can only hope I turn the corner pretty soon. This post isn't to gain any sympathy at all and I will not post anything more to do with anything but 16GA talk from here forth. But I felt I owed you all an explanation as I truly valued everyone here and the site's content too. Thanks for any understanding and I'd like to just get on with 16GA stuff as the season is nigh upon us.

Sincerely the poster formerly known as "Jiggyman" for those that may remember.
skeettx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

Hello Sir: Welcome back !! Where is Duval? I do not recognize the name of town. T'were is close to me, we would go shooting and immerse ourselves in kind and gentle thoughts. Do you still own any shotguns? Has the doctor released you to shoot yet? Rave on dude!! Again, welcome back, Enjoy the day, Mike
fin2feather
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

I found a "Jig" but no Jiggyman". But no matter; welcome back, and good luck to you in putting things back together.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
16shukker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm  Reply with quote

Yea - sorry it was "jig" not jiggyman, hey I'm surprised I was that close it's been so long. I can't tell you how good it feels to be back here. Hopefully I will be able to share some good 16GA stories with you all soon as dove season opens September 1. Also, this year it runs the entire month of September instead of the usual 2 weeks. Not that the birds will always hang around, but some years we see them all the way through October.

I drew a fall either sex turkey tag this year as well as an antlerless permit for whitetail, so at least I know I will have meat in the freezer come November. Of course we all know as much as we've tried to tell our spouses otherwise, hunting isn't a very economic way to put that meat in the freezer-HA HA HA Wink But hey they never seem to argue once they have a taste.
XVI'er
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:26 am  Reply with quote

Welcome back, my brother!! I can relate to your misfortune on several levels. Crying or Very sad You are better off making a comeback with people who share a common intrest. You WILL make it! You have my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope you will post often and keep us updated on your hunting season this year.

All the best!!

16shukker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:00 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, I was lucky in that I got a ream job in plenty enough time to not suffer much if any damage. And now, seem to breath easier than I can ever remember. It's amazing how many other seemingly unrelated symptons you can have when the arteries get blocked. Stuff you never would think to link to it. But when they are unblocked you notice in a big way that those symptoms go away. For example sinus infections/headaches I used to get are a thing of the past.
Yep - I will be hunting harder than ever this season and no reason whatsoever to slow down and I've long since been cleared to shoot. In fact, I shot within 2 months of hospital release. Heck I was hiking in the mountains within 3 months. As I said I was lucky.

And of course I will always have at least enough guns if that's possible, but I am looking to thin the herd a bit. Duvall is in Western WA and not too far from Seattle for those interested. It's considered rural and is about as far from the City as you can be and still be considered a suburb I guess.