16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  PW 375
DriveFly44
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

New 16 owner here (Citori 525) and really enjoy the board with its wealth of knowledge and different personalities.

I'm already excited to begin loading my own shells (for clays, pheasants, and dove) and submitted a PM to join the LPG. So I've been looking for a reloader and just got in touch with someone who is selling a PW 375 that he purchased at an estate sale. This gentleman is offering it up for $110. He's not much of a hunter/shooter so is not quite knowledgeable enough to tell me if the accessories that "normally" come with the loader are there and either am I. He indicates that it appears to be in really good condition. Assuming it is good shape, would this be worth picking up at this price even if I have to order a few more accessories. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Ladd
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

Ladd,
A new one is around $300. It is probably an older one and the only real difference is that the shells are not tapered at the crimp for easy auto feed. Other than that detail, they work great and parts are still available from their head office in Rathdrum, Idaho. Just clean it up and load away.
Ron
Rrusse11
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:21 am  Reply with quote

DriveFly,
The 375 is a great machine and well worth the $110 price, especially if it's already set up for 16ga. If you've never reloaded shotshells before, it's an excellent machine to get a start with, not the cheapest but superb quality, and P/W has parts and kits for all the gauges. www.reloaders.com
Cheers,
R*2
DriveFly44
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:46 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies fellas. Believe it or not, the guy just called me (it was all packed up and ready to ship tomorrow) and said he made a mistake and it is actually a 20 gauge loader. He refunded my payment via paypal. I know I can get the accessories for a 16 but would cost a good amount more. Needless to say pretty disappointed. If any of you have a lead on a 375, please let me know. Thanks.

Ladd
Rrusse11
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:38 pm  Reply with quote

DriveFly,
Any reloader in 16ga is hard to come by, I'd be tempted to bite the bullet anyway, the head on the 375 can be set up for 2 gauges at once. Undo the head and turn it around and you're good to go with the change of the shell seating post and the sizing die. Bushings are an ez quick swap as well. If you like 16ga you owe it to yourself to try 20ga too!
But, hey, times are tough thanx to the reign of terror in Washington.
Cheers,
R*2