16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  F.A.I. R. Choke tubes
icejets
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:20 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to purchase choke tubes for the F.A.I.R. 16s. Looking for Skeet and I.C.

Thanks for the help.
Dove Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:11 pm  Reply with quote

I may be wrong bit I think the B Rizzini choke tubes will work. If not, try their website.
icejets
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:54 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Dove Hunter. From the B. Rizzini website I thought their 16s were available only with fixed chokes. Am I missing something?
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the LL Bean version of this gun has choke tubes? You could also try Cabela's. Didn't they begin marketing this gun?

PS, I was at LL. Bean's last week in mid January. They never did import a 16 ga. version of this gun. I don't know why I thought so... maybe its because the LL. Bean version is so very similar to all the others. Anyway, itts a dead end if you need 16 ga. tubes for the Italian import.

Last edited by 16gaugeguy on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
icejets
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:05 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, I purchased the gun from Cabela's in Ft. Worth and they have no clue as to how or where to purcase addional choke tubes or who's tubes are interchagable with FAIR Rizzinis. I have found tubes on the FAIR website but there isn't any way to purchase them. Thanks for the response.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:19 pm  Reply with quote

Post removed. 16GG.

Last edited by 16gaugeguy on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Foursquare
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:41 am  Reply with quote

Icejets,
I picked up one these FAIR 400s from Cabelas a few weeks ago. I assume yours also came with 5 tubes?

Bore gauge readings are as follows: Over - .667 Under - .669
Tube "0" .668
"4" .657
"3" .646
"2" .636
"1" .627

If you feel the need for more open chokes than the first 2 provide (cyl & IC), I would consider having the 2 tighest tubes reamed to the dimensions you need.
At 31 and 40 points, those 2 are darn near useless for anything but turkeys.

Just a thought.
Pete
icejets
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

That is a great idea. I failed to check the chokes before leaving the store and ended up with 2 Fulls, 2 IM, and a Mod. I'm a quail hunter so these are just about worthless.
Dove Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:54 am  Reply with quote

Icejets, I sent FAIR an e-mail asking them where the tubes might be available in the USA. They have been responsive to my previous e-mails so I'll let you know what they say.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:19 pm  Reply with quote

If Cabela's gave you the wrong tubes with the gun, I'm surprised they won't correct the error. There are certainly more FAIRs in their inventory, and with the 5 standard choke tubes--as indicated above--they pretty well cover about anything you could possibly need.

Last time I measured the 3 16ga Citori tubes that come standard, they were something like 006, 012, and oh my God (my 16ga bore and choke gauge would not fit inside the "full"). And if I recall correctly, the one you can buy from Browning, choked skeet, is something like 009--tighter than the IC! So yes, you can get tubes . . . but if you want them more open, you need to go to Briley (who makes them for Browning) and tell them specifically what you want.

I don't believe LL Bean ever marketed a 16ga over and under. The gun they sold was a SIG, which was actually a B. Rizzini, so I'm not sure the chokes would interchange with a FAIR anyhow.
icejets
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:45 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. I will be sending two of the tubes to Briley to have them opened up to Skeet1 and Skeet2. I will also email FAIR as I would like one of their hard cases. Just for the record I also own four Citoris just none of them in 16GA and none of them can match the FAIR in looks and light weight.
Dove Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:29 am  Reply with quote

I finally got this from FAIR. Parts and service; Daniel Systo, New England Imports LLC.,
P.O. BOX 337, Brattleboro. VT. 05301 603-660-0660. They say he has or can get choke tubes. Hope this helps
icejets
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:49 pm  Reply with quote

Thnaks Dove Hunter. I received the same reply from FAIR and have contacted them. I had hoped for a pair of extended tubes but they are only available in 12 and 20. Briley led me to beleive that at some time this year they will be adding tubes for FAIR products. Rizzinni only offers 16s with fixed chokes.