16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Browning Citori 16 ga, Grade III
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

KB, most used Citori 16 ga guns that have not had the stock butchered or had the barrels ported like one I've seen are relatively new. (Why in god's name would anyone port a hunting gun and stick an adjustable stock on it? Shocked) These guns just don't get a lot of shooting. quite a few folks buy one, then chicken out of taking it hunting. A few years later, they decide they'll never use it and sell it for less than they paid for it. I don't know why They do this (and I don't really care as long as I can cash in on their uncertainty).

Finding a good clean used one is not that hard. Just haunt the auctions and the for sale web sites. If Someone here mentions a good one for a decent price, go for it. Any price between 1K and 1.2K for a 98% used gun is a good one now. With 99% of the 16 gauge guns, if its clean outside, it will be inside too. Very few are used for target work due to the lack of suitable loads. Only us 16 ga fanatics load light stuff ourselves. I like the look of the older long tang models better and they show up fairly frequently.

I guess i'm really hoping other folks will start buying them up. I'm beginning to run out of room and the poor dog is tripping on them now. Somebody help me with this problem. So many guns..so little time.16GG.
Square Load
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04 pm  Reply with quote

KB,

I was hoping to buy a new gun or a used one in very good condition. It took me about 3 months to find what I wanted but I think that was due mostly to the fact that I wanted a 28" barrel grade 1 or a white lightning. I was able to find several grade 1 and white lightnings with 26" barrels. Several places still have these in stock and most of the good used ones on the auction sites are 26's. I also thought about waiting for the next run to hit the market but finally found what I wanted. Don't think I could have waited that long anyway. Like 16gg said, be patient, keep looking, and it will happen.
Of course you could always give Bill Hanus a call. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Dennis
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:35 pm  Reply with quote

Now you ain't saying that Ole Mista Hanus been puttin the haint on folks is you? Rolling Eyes Last time I said that, I got my butt ripped up. You go easy there before you gets your britches shreaded. Wink