16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  20 ga. wads
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 am  Reply with quote

GG,

If you had a point of view and an opinion that would be fine, but your novel length replies, beating your chest about your supposed relationships with industry individuals, is just a bunch of nonsense. Yours are not points of knowledge, just egotistical rantings.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 am  Reply with quote

dogchaser37 wrote:
GG,
If you had a point of view and an opinion that would be fine, but your novel length replies, beating your chest about your supposed relationships with industry individuals, is just a bunch of nonsense. Yours are not points of knowledge, just egotistical rantings.

dogchaser37 wrote:

If we stop loading the 16 gauge down, using half baked and half tested loads, and stop switching components, all of these so called "problems" go away.

DC, didn't you just get through trying out some of Nick's new wads courtesy of the man? Now you seem to be condemning loading the 16 down and trying new approaches to loading for the gauge?

Some of your own opinions seem to be about as convoluted as any I've read here. You apparently loose your continuity and start blowing around like milkweed in the wind. Get a grip sir. Rolling Eyes

.....and this not ranting? Can you say'hypocrit"? Laughing What a phony. Rolling Eyes

.....oh yeah, Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing

Last edited by 16gaugeguy on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:55 am; edited 2 times in total
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

Keep editing!!!
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:02 am  Reply with quote

Ist lesson in English Comp I--good writing is rewriting. Rewrite to get it right. You must have been snoozing in the back of the class with the rest of the dummies.

OOPS!!! Embarassed What's the matter? No snappy answer this time? Didn't think so. Laughing
Bronco
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:10 am  Reply with quote

Learning of using 20ga wads in the 16ga Remington hulls is almost worth reading all the BS. Almost Confused Can't wait to try them tomorrow. The Gulandi 1621 wads are hard to come by as Graff's is out for six months of the year.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:56 am  Reply with quote

You are right Bronco. When DC and TB decide to stop trailing my posts around like a pair of deranged apes with mental diarrhea, the BS will stop. If either of these two yahoos had actually given the wad an honest try instead of trying to gainsay and belittle, they'd have known better.

BTW, do try the Federal 20S1 wads if you wish. The information I passed to you is valid. I used them very successfully, so I know they will work well for the same use for anyone. You can also effectively load 3/4 ounce loads with it if you use one 28 ga., 1/8 inch thick card wad under the shot in the cup. I passed the info on hoping it would help you, and not to start another verbal war with Dumb and Dumber. Carry on gentlemen.
Bronco
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am  Reply with quote

Thanks 16GG. I cut the RGLs to 2.5in. Our standard of 16.5gr GreenDot, claybuster 20ga wad(20lb of wad pressure) with 7/8oz shot gave me a perfect crimp. Actually better than the factory RGL crimp. I think the only thing we have really disagreed on in the past couple of years was the single vs double triggers on double rifles Smile Will post my skeet results using a M12, 26in IC using this load. The only reason I cut to 2.5in is that my SxS's have short chambers. Bob
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 am  Reply with quote

Anytime. The Green Dot should be perfect too. Good luck.
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

GG,

Your flip and avoidance act, is still strong GG.

BTW, no one is following you around, you just insert your, shall we say, opinions on every topic posted.

Kind of hard to not run into you.

As you know I live in the next state over maybe we should have a cup of coffee one of these days, your entertainment value, would certainly be worth it.

Last edited by dogchaser37 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:58 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
Carry on gentlemen.

That phrase is reserved for a Superior Officer to indicate that his subordinates should carry out the orders of the day. You being a Piss Ant have no authority to tell anyone what to do or when to do it. Carry on.
Bronco
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

The 20ga claybuster wads worked perfectly in RGL's cut to 2.5in. My paltry pair of 22's does not reflect the quality of this load(missed high1 on both rounds Mad ) Best part is that I have only one wad to buy for both 16 and 20ga. This is truly and excellent site with knowledgeable contributors. Thanks again.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:10 pm  Reply with quote

Wha....??? Oh Brother!! Laughing Laughing Hey, have it your way TB. Knock yourself out. Drag that old baggage around for all you're worth Bub. Some folks find it amusing. So... Chin up!! Tally ho!! Pip Pip and all that rot. Laughing The rest of us will carry on with the business of finding new ways to enjoy our 16 ga stuff. Cool

I'm beginning to think of you as Too Bad, as in "Ya know, that's Too Bad". Carry on. Very Happy
Bronco
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 am  Reply with quote

Have fired my first 500 RGL reloads using the CB 20ga wads. The perfect 7/8oz 16ga load with the hulls cut to 2.5in. No more case mouth splitting.
postoak
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:17 pm  Reply with quote

Bronco - do you have any pressure information about that load ?

It sounds very interesting.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:35 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and some insight Bronco. I've always thought the newer RGL case mouthes were a bit overskived and thin. This is probably the biggest reason the newest ones do not last very long. I don't know why Remington must skive the hulls like they do, but it would be nice if they did not.

It would be a shame to think Remington is overskiving the RGL hull mouthes to prevent folks from reloading the hulls more than one or two times. Reloadability is a bigger factor in market popularity than they may realize--especially in a gauge with as limited a line of ammo offerings as the 16. However, such corporate "one size fits all" type thinking would be typical if the Remington home office is doing so. "Corporate intelligence" has become about as big an oxymoron as "military intelligence" is and for many of the same reasons. Sad