16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16 gauge Kimber
Scolari
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:04 am  Reply with quote

I read in a magazine that Kimber is making their SxS Valier in 16 gauge. It looks like about the same price as a Merkel. Looks like a nice gun. Double triggers though. I never could get used to two triggers. Anyone seen one yet?
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Scolari -haven't seen one one yet--how's come the makers advertise a gun for a year or so before one is actually spotted Question
dannypratt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:09 am  Reply with quote

Hey Scolari,

I have seen and handled a 20 gauge Kimber Valeria ( or whatever they are called! ) Laughing Any how, it was a very nice gun, light, quick handling, turns out they are made in turkey by the same folks that make DeHAnn's & CZ"S guns. They are a higher grade and a true sidelock ( DeHann / CZ are mostly boxlocks unless special order ). The company that makes them makes a damn nice gun, especially in the CZ market on thier Ringneck line. Unfortunantely the only place you can get the boxlock 16 gauge is from DeHAnn, which is fine, it's just that you can't put your hands on it first, you have to have it ordered, or you need to live in Idaho. That all being said, I'm sure the Kimber is great, just don't know if I personally would spend 3500 on a gun, I could if I could, if you know what I mean. I think it's great that someone else is also turning out a 16 gauge though!
-danny
dannypratt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:20 am  Reply with quote

Hello everyone

A little update here since the last hour

Apparantly Bill Hanus offers the Kimber 16 gauge right now for 5000.00. ready to ship and shoot.

My personal opinion is to :
1 - Go to dhshotguns.com
2 - Click on to the SGr Deluxe listing.
3 - Scroll down past options and view the first custom gun offered.
4 - Note price and puchase.

Actually, I'd have to say, if I was going to spend the 5000.00 Hanus is asking for, I would order exactly what I wanted from Mark Dehann, and save some cash. These shotguns are produced by the same company that makes the Kimber, background it yourself and see. I have talked to different Kimber dealers and probed a lot of sites, and the fact is it's Huglu Arms Company that makes them all. Now, I don't know if DeHann's customs are true sidelocks. The two that I have are not custom models, but the case hardened standard grade and false sideplate models, but they are beautiful guns and even thier standard wood is exceptional. I really suggest that anyone looking at a 5000.00 Kimber go to DeHann's site and re-think it. Just my two cents, probably only worth one.
-danny
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:56 pm  Reply with quote

I believe the Kimber guns are sidelocks while the DeHaan guns are boxlocks with sideplates. That would account for the price difference.

In any event I am highly skeptical of any Huglu shotgun. My favorite local dealer signed up to be a Huglu dealer with the then importer, Armsco (he was listed on their website). He ended up returning all Huglu inventory and refused to carry any more. Seems as if most of the guns he sold doubled and doubled again after supposedly being repaired by Armsco! At the time I was waiting on a 16 gage with case colors.

Has the quality of Huglu guns improved now that CZ and Kimber are the importers?
Brian Meckler
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

I don't mind calling anyone foolish that would pay 5K for a Kimber SxS. 5K buys a lot of gun and a Turkish gun ain't worth 5k. Like my Granddad used to say "can't polish a turd
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:48 pm  Reply with quote

If I had $5,000 to spend on a SxS, it would be a Merkel or Beretta......

hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:31 pm  Reply with quote

Ya'll started another thread without knowin' it--$5000 sxs-----
pumpgun
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

One could get a Poli 16 SxS for a lot less than 5K. A proven gun.
Highcountry
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

$5K would buy one hellva a used SxS - - FN, Defourny, many English boxlocks, higher grade Merkel boxlock (122E), etc.