16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  ITX
Hootch
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:46 pm  Reply with quote

I see BPI has ITX in #6 now available. I am thinking of giving it a try.
Limited data though. At least any to my liking.

in 16ga I would like to see 7/8-1oz at 1300+fps. I may order some, load up some and send them to Tom.

Not sure it is necessary or worth the trouble though. Can load Nice shot without any issue except cost. ITX is a bit cheaper but worth it??

I like the nice shot as is a straight sub for lead (the couple of loads I use are under pressure even if you add the "recommended" 1500psi.) and I have used them in short hulls.

So if I decide to test some ITX, it will probably be in a 2.5" hull.

Anyone else have any data on ITX??

I have seen some decent data using the 10ga, and I will use that this fall on some ducks!!
RLR390
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:00 am  Reply with quote

BP's data shows two loads @1340 and 1 at 1320. If you contact them, they may have more also. I contacted them about heavier loads than 7/8oz and they responded w/ several.
Hootch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:08 am  Reply with quote

I did just that when I ordered. I did manage to scrounge ( I think the same ones you just gave me) a few loads off of their site and from a different manual (one in short 10ga even)

I am anxious to try it. I am somewhat skeptical, but holding out hope for the ITX. I have little doubt with Nice Shot, has worked well so far for me.

Just thought I would try something else, and if it works well, it is a tad cheaper.

Thanks.
PatrickB
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:38 pm  Reply with quote

Hootch - I think this has been discussed in previous posts but your comment about not enough data for ITX is one of several challenges I see with the shot. We're all familiar with BPI data maybe not being accurate and they like to push only their own hull/wad product so that is another limiting factor in finding more data.

I bought enough Bismuth from a bulk order ($15/lb) to last me another couple of years. Maybe by then there will be enough ITX data and field results to spark my interest in buying some.

Let us know how things go for you.