16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  CZ-16ga????
saw557
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:56 am  Reply with quote

I e-mailed CZ-USA sometime ago asking if there were any plans on bringing out a 16ga O/U......I never did get a reply. Any chance this is going to happen I know Huglu makes a 16ga O/U for Dehaan and I've asked about them on another forum and either nobody has one or wants to admit having one. From what I see the CZ may be a better value than the Dehaan 5yr warranty vs a 3 year and they look to be a couple hundered bucks cheaper. I have CZ Redhead dlx 12ga. that I've been very happy with. I would like to add a 16ga.
Scott
Hal M. Hare
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:49 am  Reply with quote

I have found CZ-USA to be unresponsive to requestes for information. Their main office is not always open. Their phone system is difficult. Their Parts Department is even worse. I have reservations about them if my CZ should ever need service.

Dave Miles
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:00 am  Reply with quote

First ones supposed to show up at SHOT this month. They'll be fixed choke (IC/M), 26" only in the Bobwhite model (DT/straight grip), 28" in the Ringneck (SST/round knob/sideplated). Built on a true 16ga frame.
Per Larry Brown
311A 16ga
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:16 am  Reply with quote

Have a DeHaan SU 16ga. Good dependable waterfowler/target gun, but heavy for climbing the rim rocks for chukar, etc. Excellent fit and finish, shoots spot on, a bargain for the $800 minus delivered. Wouldn't worry about repairs, DeHann does that in-house or sends back to factory or supplies you with a new gun. Seeing the innerds of mine can't see how anything could fail: mechanical single trigger, positive extractor, minimum parts count.

Do wish that the barrel exteriors were blued rather than the crome finish, can't repair the scratches (mine are matt--more durable than the polished crome).

Understand that the SxSs are lighter than the OUs.
XVIgauge
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

I also have a DeHaan SU O/U in 16 gauge. Like 311 said it is a good dependable gun. I also wish it was lighter, but the barrels are sleeker than those of a 12 ga. and it balances well. I would still rather carry a 16 than a 12 for that reason, even if the two were the same weight.
Here's another example. I have a Russian made Remington Spartan 28 gauge that weighs exactly 7 pounds. A tad heavy for a 28 you might think. But, it balances and points so well you would swear it weighed in at 6 pounds.
XVI

Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

Note that the CZ's referred to above are both sxs, not OU's. Don't know of any plans on the part of CZ to bring out OU's in 16.
thunderstick
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

I have the 16 ga. DeHaan in O/U configuration. It is a great gun. It's the single trigger one with the false side plates. Everyone who picks it up seems to like it. Two of my friends each bought one after seeing mine and love theirs too. ( it was a little confusing as to which gun was whose...so I put some neat scratches on my stock with a rock I found lying around Wink) It has very good balance ( the gun, not the rock) with the 28" bbls. I got mine with the traditional blued barrels, as did my friends. Its maybe a little on the heavy side, but is more "alive" in your hands than the 16 ga. Citori, IMHO. Why wait for CZ..see if you can get a DeHaan right now.
nossman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:38 am  Reply with quote

My local dealer informed me that the 16ga Ringneck & Bobwhite are not in the US yet. ETA is May, and CZ-USA has a list of backorders. I was quoted $860 for a 16ga Ringneck, once they're in.
IFL16's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:29 pm  Reply with quote

I did some calling around the state of Oregon and got quotes from 722 to 1000 dollars for the 16 gauge Bobwhite if you order one in advance.

Larry