16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  For anyone interested
spr310
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:55 pm  Reply with quote

I have now published a spreadsheet with components and loads out on my website. I was given this spreadsheet a few years back. I have now updated it and published it for any body to see. I realize I missed some loads so I will be updating it as they get noted. The sheet has a lot of old loads in it. The link to it is on the left side of the web page named 16 gauge loads. I've also tried to list all of the components available for reloading the 16 gauge. At the top all of the different hulls are liasted and you can click on them and see all the loads I have listed for that hull. The link to the webpage which is shooting boxes is right at the bottom of my posts. Let me know what you think.

Thank you, George
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:03 pm  Reply with quote

Much appreciated,thank you !!Always great to have more load info Wink
spr310
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

I did one update allready. Forgot the loads using the DR16 wad listed under the win,X-pert hull. Which should be noted is a cheddite hull which I will put a note in the spreadsheet to show that. Also if anybody has any new tested loads for the DR16 wad send them to me and I will put them in the spreadsheet.
woodcock
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:55 am  Reply with quote

Just took a look at your site. Bravo! Very Happy Nicely done sir, nicely done.
Setters4Life
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

spr310 wrote:
I have now published a spreadsheet with components and loads out on my website.

Great work George, thanks for sharing.

Kevin
putz463
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:39 am  Reply with quote

If I can't find a suitable load in that list I'll need to go up to the 10 or down to 24ga. Thats alot of loads; nice job.

Chukarman
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:27 am  Reply with quote

George

The data you posted on your website, the calculators, attributions, and even the disclaimer is the data that I have collected, organized, and distributed for the past 15 years. If you are going to knock off other people's work, you COULD have asked me and maybe even given credit for the years of work that I, and a number of other people, put into developing this information.

Mike Spies
aka Chukarman

Last edited by Chukarman on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

spr310
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 am  Reply with quote

Chukarman wrote:
George

The data you posted on your website, the calculators and even the disclaimer is the data that I have collected, organized, and distributed for the past 15 years. If you are going to knock off other people's work, you COULD have asked me and maybe even given credit for the years of work that I, and a number of other people, put into developing this information.

Mike Spies
aka Chukarman

I'm sorry about that. I was trying to remember who I got this from. Now I can give you credit. In fact last night I was trying to remember and for the life of me I couldn't. I used it and updated it, I just thought it would be nice to have it available to all. I know I received it from you years back, again I feel bad about not remembering your handle. It was not on purpose.
George
huntNnut
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:55 am  Reply with quote

spr310,

It takes some pretty big appendages to call me on the carpet for my poor choice of words and then take credit on a few occasions, that I am aware of (once in an all knowing tone with me) for having compiled all this loading data only to find out, that it isn't even your work.

You might not like my abrasiveness, but at the very least it is honest.

In my opinion, you need to clean up your own act, please stay out of mine.

Dave Miles
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 am  Reply with quote

spr310 wrote:
Chukarman wrote:
George

The data you posted on your website, the calculators and even the disclaimer is the data that I have collected, organized, and distributed for the past 15 years. If you are going to knock off other people's work, you COULD have asked me and maybe even given credit for the years of work that I, and a number of other people, put into developing this information.

Mike Spies
aka Chukarman

I'm sorry about that. I was trying to remember who I got this from. Now I can give you credit. In fact last night I was trying to remember and for the life of me I couldn't. I used it and updated it, I just thought it would be nice to have it available to all. I know I received it from you years back, again I feel bad about not remembering your handle. It was not on purpose.
George

I don't think an apology is enough.
You should remove Chukarman's data sheet from your website.
Regards,
Dave Miles

woodcock
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am  Reply with quote

I wonder if the decision on what action should be taken isn't Mike's call?

I hope we can avoid 'piling on' as well, George acknowledged his error---we all make 'em.

"Casting the first stone" is...........well you know.
Chukarman
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:14 pm  Reply with quote

I originally assembled all this data from old manuals, data provided by other people, and other sources, and tried to make it useful and searchable in an Excel database. I sent a copy to Russ Gray of the 16 gauge Low Pressure loading group for their use when they were getting started, but I did not join because I distribute this data to anyone that asks - for free. I did not want to compromise the work that the 16 Gauge group was doing by giving away, or creating the appearance of freely offering data that they offer only to their members.

I have no problem with the free distribution of the data - I did it to encourage people to use their 16 gauge guns at a time when it was hard to find ammo and components. I admit that I was taken aback when I was notified that it had been posted on the web, but have no objection as long as credit is given. I disclaim any and all responsibility for the use of this data, and all the data I loaded into the database is attributed to the sources.

George has apologized via PM, and what he does with it now is up to him.

Rrusse11
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

A marvellous compilation of data. Many thanks to the afficionados of the 16 gauge who took the time and effort to put it all together.

A special thanks to Chukarman for initiating the resource, and the spirit with which he has so freely shared his work.

MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

All the best,
R*2
Jgoodman1933
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you so much for posting all of that reloading data. I have printed every page and intend to start reloading with the data given. Chukarman, thanks for all of your hard work in putting all this info together. I understand that you disclaim any and all responsibility for the use of this data. Thanks for posting the info.

popplecop
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:52 am  Reply with quote

Thanks to all who contributed to the data. I am personally indebted to you all. And thankful that Chukarman and spr310 have reached a mutual accordand apoligises excepted. This was between those two and appears to be over, no use anyone else stirring the pot.