16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Verona LX501 16 Gauge Owner! Very Happy!!
bird buster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:37 pm  Reply with quote

Very Happy Just wanted to talk about the Verona 16 gauge guns. I have had mine for over a month and love it. I will begin by saying that it is not as nice and smooth as my Citori 16 but I did not expect it to be. I paid about half for it and got it from CDNN Sports. It really balances and handles well. I have handled the 501 in both 12 and 20 gauge so I can tell you that it is on its' own frame. The fit through the pistol grip is alot thinner than the twelve and it is slightly heavier than the twenty. Mine has the silver receiver with birds engraved on the sides and a rabbit underneath. The finish is nice for the price. It is a little stiff but is breaking in fine. I bought it to use for more of my rough bird hunting and to occasionally rabbit hunt with behind my beagles. It is an excellent value for the money. Veronas are excellent and I know once the distributor problem is resolved they will be fine. Don't overlook the 16 gauge veronas. They are not a Citori but definitely a good gun. stacyaeromed@yahoo.com I now have three 16 gauge guns, a Sweet Sixteen, Citori, and the Verona!! Considering an older 1100 16 gauge even though I know they are on a 12 frame. I don't like the new 1100.
Flytier
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

I have owned a 16 gauge Verona for about four months now. I am fairly new to clay shooting and use mine for skeet (taking lessons) and some informal wobble trap shooting. I have run several hundred rounds thru mine without a problem. Mine was very stiff initially and has loosened up a small amount. I have the model that Gander Mtn sold and it has a very nice oiled stock. The best part about it so far is that the gun fits me almost perfectly out of the box and only weighs in at 6 3/4 pounds. I loved this gun so much that when passing thru a Dick's Sporting Goods store in VA, (looking for 16 gauge game loads) I spied a 20 gauge Verona on clearance for $499. Bought it! The 20 gauge has the plastic coated wood finish, but it makes up for it with its 28" barrels and readily available Briley chokes. It also fits me almost as well as the 16. The comb height is slightly higher. But I have been told this may work out better for me with skeet. Anyway, I am definitely a fan. I love the Beretta's and older Brownings too, but I have way less invested in two Veronas. As far as parts and repair issues down the road, I will take my chances. These guns appear to be very well made and have as good or better fit and finish as a lot of guns that I have looked at. I really like the mechanical triggers as well.

Enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

flytier
Ken
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

I to am a Verona fan I have 2 LX502's. 12 and 20 ga. I want a 16 in the worst way but money is the issue. Even at 649 at CDNN.

I dont know if you know this or not but these guns are made by FAIR. It looks like Savage is the new importer.
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:11 am  Reply with quote

Is Savage importing the 16?
Southern PA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

I phoned Savage today to ask the question of will they be offering their O/Us in the 16ga. They replied that they will not (the bore sizes to be offered are the 12, 20, 28, and .410).

Southern PA.
portsider44
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:21 am  Reply with quote

Southern PA wrote:
I phoned Savage today to ask the question of will they be offering their O/Us in the 16ga. They replied that they will not (the bore sizes to be offered are the 12, 20, 28, and .410).

Southern PA.

That stinks, I was hoping they would have a 16. I just can't believe there is enough demand to support having a 410 & yet no 16?

The LX -501 is looking like a nice deal.
Flytier
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:49 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone know if CDNN still has any 16 gauges left in the FAIR/Verona line? I believe the price is still $649 and that is certainly a great deal.

flytier
portsider44
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:17 pm  Reply with quote

Flytier wrote:
Does anyone know if CDNN still has any 16 gauges left in the FAIR/Verona line? I believe the price is still $649 and that is certainly a great deal.

flytier

Don't know, think I will call them in the morning & see what they got.
portsider44
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:28 am  Reply with quote

Well the inventory of CDNN 16 ga LX501 just went down by 2. Can't wait till they get here on Friday. I feel like a kid at Christmas & I can't wait to show my 14 y.o son his new gun.

I will let you guys know what I think once they get here. Also for those like me that have been kicking around the idea of getting one from CDNN you bettter hurry they only have 9 left...MIKE
Southern PA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

Here in PA. we have Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mnt., Dicks Sporting Goods, etc......

What is CDNN???????

Southern PA.
portsider44
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:34 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

They are a wholesaler/liquidator that also sells to the public via local FFL's. They carry a lot of discontinue items & for the most part have pretty good prices on new items. I have been real pleased with my purchases & the customer service I got. Plus shipping cost are excellent @ 9.99.

Go to the link above & download there latest catalog & take a look.
Scolari
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

So is BC not going to import Verona? They are still listed on their website.
Ken
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:29 am  Reply with quote

BC Outdoors is no more.
portsider44
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:10 pm  Reply with quote

Got out to the range today & ran some lead through my 2 new Verona's.

I was very please with the gun I was shooting even thought it a little short for me. I plan to had a full size recoil pad to replace the factory one. WHich should add 1/2 to the LOP & get real close to where I need shooting in light clothing & right on with a heavy coat.

My son did have as much fun with his gun. First it seemed a little tighter than mine & the forearm was not easy to install or remove. The forearm came loose a couple of times while he was shooting.

In total we ran about 100 rounds each & the only issue was his forearm.

After getting home I notice the top part of his forearm (underside that is hidden by the barrels) did not have any finish like mine did. It appears they took a little wood off to help the forearm latch in place. However they did take enough off. So I got a 1/2 dowel & wrap it in 320 grit SP & took some more off until the forearm latch in place w/o having to whack or squeeze the $h_ _ of it.

I also notice that the two guns didn't have the same engraving on it. My gun had engraving on the trigger guard & the tang, while my sons didn't.
Just curious to what others have on there 16 ga Verona.

While I am not jumping up down with excitement, I am still please with what I got for the money but only time will tell for sure...MIKE