16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  SXS 16 GAUGE
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:14 am  Reply with quote

I would love to have a model 21 for target however $3500 won't buy me one. My kids college fund and my retirement plan would suffer to badly to justify a 5-11k purchase. The savage model B won't suit me either. I'm a basket case very finicky thats why I shoot 16's. I guess I will know what I want when I pick it up. I think the merkel is the answer wish I could find one local to look at, touch and feel. Kinda like a good woman you wouldn't mail order one, but you know one when you see one. I love this group the information flow and idea's are spectacular it just might help save the old sweet sixteen.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:18 am  Reply with quote

We all have our own desires and our own demons to deal with. I never ask other people what I should get to suit me. If I need to ask the question, then I' have not done enough homework and acquired enough knowledge to appreciate the answer.

Other folks can only tell you what they might like or what they think might suit you. In reality, only you can answer that. Getting what you want is a deeply personal quest. Perhaps you should spend more time in looking at and handling guns, reading up on them, and developing more of a sense of what it is you want. While doing this, save up the money you'll need.

Too me, most of the fun of finding the right gun is the search. Once I decide and actually buy the gun, then I am faced with the reality of ownership. If I've done my homework correctly, I find that I am always satisfied. If not, then the gun usually ends up on the market or neglected in the case. If this sounds familiar, then perhaps you've gleaned what you truely need to know and should proceed from there. good luck. 16GG.