16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Inexperience loads
Pete
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:47 pm  Reply with quote

Does any one know any place that sells inexpenience 7 1/2 1oz. load to use for targets and were I can get them.
Thank you
Pete
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

Try asking/looking around for the Remington game loads.They are usually locally avaliable and reasonably priced.They also load great-if you don't load save the empties and sell them to someone who does to recover even more of your initial costs
rowengarner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

The local Sports Athority here in tallahassee has some winchester strike x loads with 7 1/2 shot but I cant remember weather they were 1 oz. loads or not. But they were $10 plus per box compared to about $4 a box in 8's.
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:40 am  Reply with quote

My dealer will usaully have a few boxes of 16's on the shelf at the beginning of fall hunting season but when they are gone he generally doesn't restock until the following year. I solve the problem by having him order me a couple flats of the Remington 1 ounce game loads whenever I get short. I give him plenty notice so he can get the order in with a regular order and he gives me a good deal on price. This is probably the best route to follow. Mail order ammo will kill you on S&H unless you have a big order or you have to have some oddball ammo that your regular dealer can't get for some reason.
bigric
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:01 am  Reply with quote

If you can stand going there, Walmart seems to keep the Winchester ammo in stock in the sub-$5 range.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:20 am  Reply with quote

After hunting season and Xmas, Wonderful Wally World unloads their excess ammo. You can sometimes get a dozen or so boxes for $3.00 per or less. It depends on the store. I once got two flats of remingtom GL-16 mixed 7-1/2 and 8 for 27.00 each a few years back. Now they carry Winchester 1 oz promos with the cardboard confetti wads. Bang...hey look, its snowing. Rolling Eyes 16GG