16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  VP shooting
SageRat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:06 am  Reply with quote

16GG

It sounds to me like you display a little more than dislike, most like hate. I will pass up your posts from now on if you continue tirades about something neither you or I can control.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:25 am  Reply with quote

Sage Rat, you are exactly right that I hate. I hate the corruption and the callous disregard of the welfare of the nation for the benefit of the insiders bleeding us dry. I dispise anyone who takes the oath of public office and then uses it for his or her own greedy and/or disgusting purposes. I loath any public official who commits a criminal act or allows one, then scurrys to the cover of his or her political party for protection. You are damned right I hate.

But if you really feel that it is beyond us now to change the course this nation is on, then please, feel free to ignore my posts. You have become part of the problem. Your sense of hopelessness and apathy condemns you.

If I have to see my nation go down, then I will go down fighting. To act any other way is cowardice. There is no decency or honor there. To me, that is unAmerican. Think about it. 16GG.
woodcock
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:49 am  Reply with quote

Any of you guys remember what the lead news story was one month ago?
SageRat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:06 am  Reply with quote

16gg

There are times, places, and methods to deal with what you hate. I come to these forums to learn and enjoy. How dare you try and put a monicker on me or anyone else about politics and what we do or do not do. You have no idea about most of us.

Anger over all the things you hate will get you nowhere on this or any gun board, unless it is destain from the other posters.
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:07 am  Reply with quote

Woodcock: MLK celebration? Peace, brotherly love and understanding? Shocked
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:29 am  Reply with quote

Seems like we've gotten off topic. I, like Sage Rat, come here to learn and enjoy (about shooting and hunting). There are plenty of other forums for the politics.
woodcock
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

Sumpin' like that revdoc--I daresay you get my drift------------

For you fellows with nothin' to do, snipe season is still open here in La.and the things are like bees---lots of fun and a great opportunity to practice your scatology.
H.H. Hipshot
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

Check out this link for information on the subject.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/cheney_shooting_scientific_proof.htm

HHH

revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:28 pm  Reply with quote

Really wanted to let this die but must respond to the website in the unlikely event that anyone cares anymore: Having been on the faculty of a University affiliated inner-city (war zone) teaching hospital I can 99% guarantee Whittington would have been dead within a matter of minutes had he been shot in the neck/upper chest at 20 FEET. Give it up guys.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:37 am  Reply with quote

This is a double edged topic that concerns us all. It is about both hunting safety, and simple right and wrong. The political overtones come from the fact that it is our VP who commited the error. This incident will effect all of us bird hunters and shotgun enthusiasts for decades to come.

If Wittington was mildly injured, it probably would not have been so. However, he very nearly got killed. Even the least informed average Americans are aware of this now. They clearly understand that a wrong has been commited and the wrongdoer has gotten a pass. They will resent this and we will pay. Hunting wil be viewed for years in a more negative light because of this. all our efforts to show that hunting can be done safely have been severely damaged. We have lost ground my friends.

If Cheney had set a better example by adhering to the Texas game laws and the rules of hunting safety and courtesy, it would not have happened. He didn't. He gets a pass and everyone else pays. The other shoe will drop. More hunting priveledges will be lost. More gun laws will be passed. More land will be posted, because one very public person turned out to be a slob hunter. Thank you Mr. Cheney.

For those of you who come to this site to learn and enjoy: if you can't enjoy this topic, and who really could, then at least learn the lesson of what happens when safety is ignored. This is a perfect example of what not to do. Now you can understand why I'm such stickler for gun and hunting safety. I need say no more. I'm done with this. 16GG.