16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  B and P USA F2 Hunting Loads
scorpion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

These list for $52.96/case on bandpusa.com web site. Does anybody have experience shooting these, and especially, reloading these hulls? If they're any good, might be a good source of hulls.

Foursquare
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:25 am  Reply with quote

Haven't used them, but be aware the hulls are 67mm (2 5/8").

Pete
scorpion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:49 am  Reply with quote

Good point. I didn't notice that the first time. Wish I could buy 1 box to try them. Might be good for light loads, although the listing says 1 1/16 oz.

clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:19 am  Reply with quote

Never used B&P ammo but I seem to remember a write up on them in one of the shotgun mags that the cases were non reloadable?
Scolari
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:30 am  Reply with quote

I have used them for a long time and have been very happy with them. I particularly like the #7's. Thats right 7's not 7 1/2.
Unfortunately, the new distributor is in Illinois and cannot ship within state because of some crazzy Illinois law. I'll probably have to have a case sent to my daughters in Missouri. I noticed they also list #3 shot. Thats new. I know thir 5's work well. The 20's are 28gm and the 16's are 32 gms. There are 30grams to an ounce. Try them. I think you will like them.
woodcock
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:59 am  Reply with quote

I use the B&P 10's for snipe--only 10's on the planet I guess. They are to 'hot' (1328fps) as far as I'm concerned but otherwise I have found them to be fairly priced and a pretty good shell despite that extra 'oomph'. 7's and 9's---same song.
Reloading hasn't been a problem for me nor should it be for you, Precision Reloading (if I recall accurately) has the wads.
The one REALLY strange thing about B&P 16's is that they are YELLOW! Now why do you think they would use a 20ga. color on our 16's? Italians, first the Senate and now yellow 16's-----go figure.
blackduck
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

woodcock wrote:
The one REALLY strange thing about B&P 16's is that they are YELLOW! Now why do you think they would use a 20ga. color on our 16's? Italians, first the Senate and now yellow 16's-----go figure.

The flat of 16 Ga. #7's I ordered recently are in Green Hulls this time...
IFL16's
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm  Reply with quote

scorpion, first off be aware that there are only 8 boxes of shells in their cases and they are not light loads. They're almost 1300 fps with moderate pressure of about 9500 psi and kick like a mule. They make great hunting loads but I wouldn't want to be shooting many targets with a light gun.

Larry
scorpion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:20 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks, Larry.

My plan is to shoot them at trap targets (only 25 at a session) with the Rem Sportsman 58 that I inherited from my dad. I put a new barrel on it (must be a 12 ga barrel frame bored to 16) and the empty gun weighs 7 3/4 lb. It does well at trap, and the 9500 pressure won't bother it.

Larry Brown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:14 am  Reply with quote

I've had excellent results with them on pheasants and prairie grouse, using 7's and 6's. Note that these are 29 gram loads in 16ga, unless something has changed. 28 grams to the ounce, not 30--so these are about 1 1/32 oz. I would not want to use them as target loads in a light 16. Would be OK in a heavier gun, but there are cheaper solutions for targets.
woodcock
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:31 am  Reply with quote

IFL16---When did you get your B&P's? My 'flats' were 250 rounds and I have purchased 7's,9's and 10's at various times. Did you purchase from Mike Dotson or was your purchase more recent from Kelton-Pettigrew?
IFL16's
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:53 am  Reply with quote

woodcock, I purchased them from the new supplier.

There's a very helpful guy at the factory in Italy, Giuliano Giorgini, who will supply you with lot specific information. They pressure test and test for speed every new lot they produce. The lot numbers are on the shell box under the top flap. They even supplied me with performance information at 32 degrees. The 16 gauge shells lose 1000 psi in pressure and 25 fps in speed.

Larry
IFL16's
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:02 am  Reply with quote

I tried to send a link to his email address but I see it didn't work. Anyone wanting to contact him for pressure information can reach him at g.giorgini@baschieri-pellagri.com

Larry
RWG
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:45 pm  Reply with quote

clayflingythingy wrote:
Never used B&P ammo but I seem to remember a write up on them in one of the shotgun mags that the cases were non reloadable?

Myth. The older F2s that I shot used the Fiocchi VIP hull. Loads just like any other Fiocchi 67.5 mm hull. Not sure if the new ones use the Gordon hull system or the Fiocchi VIP.

As to the F2 hunting loads--they are pheasant slayers. But expect heavy recoil in sub 6 lb 16s. These are 1 1/32 oz loads at 1330 fps. Russ
Foursquare
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:20 am  Reply with quote

RWG wrote:
Myth. The older F2s that I shot used the Fiocchi VIP hull. Loads just like any other Fiocchi 67.5 mm hull. Not sure if the new ones use the Gordon hull system or the Fiocchi VIP. Russ

OK, Russ, I went to the B & P home sight in Italy and couldn't find much detail about the Gordon system.

What is it? How does it differ from Rieffenhauser?

Pete