16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  bandpusa.com contact
16crazy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:14 am  Reply with quote

After reading a question about the reloadablity of the B&P case I thought I would call and ask the question of B&P.

I was transferred to tech. guy Don. He said they were reload able but didn't know if the components were to be had in the US.
Don went on further to say they did a in house test of the hulls by breaking down new shells and for components and reloading with that. The B&P hull last 9 reloads.

In further discussion I asked about bringing out a 7/8 ounce factory loaded 16. I explained B&P would corner the market on this if the brought one out. He seemed very interested and asked me about shot size in this loading. I felt 71/2 or 8 would be good.

I asked Don if he had heard of the 16 gauge society and if it was ok to post our discussion. All was fine and he encouraged me to post the B&P # 1-800-683-0464.

Don seemed very interested in meeting this need for the 16.

16 crazy
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:17 pm  Reply with quote

I have started to see more of these hulls on the ground and have started my collection.I will leave no 16 on the ground anywhere,anytime or anyplace.With a little research I will be able to get at least one good load per hull.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:33 am  Reply with quote

Any hull in good shape that can be deprimed, reprimed, and recrimped is reloadable. its up to th person reloading to find a way. Any one who leaves a perfectly good 16 ga. hull on the ground is my buddy. I will thank him silently and pick it up for later use. 16 ga hulls come hard enough. Even those you don't use can be swapped for those you do.

One other point. I always ask around any club I frequent for 16 ga. stuff. You would be shocked at the amount of reloading stuff stored unused in basements, garages, and attics. Its also a great way to get leads on guns.

There are a bunch of folks who've been convinced the gauge is obsolete and not fit to use anymore by 30 years of negative gun press BS. To be sure, that is changing. But there is still a lot of stuff to be had for little to no money.

I was recently given 350 Herter's 1-1/4 oz wads. they are perfect for use in Cheddite, Fiocchi, or Federal hulls with 30 grains of Blue Dot and #4 or#5 shot. You can't imagine how pleased I was. These wads have been off the market for well over 20 years. They work great. And All I did was ask a fellow about 16 ga stuff. He was all too happy to give me a bunch of wads and hulls he's had for years. He wouldn't take any money for the stuff, because he was going to throw it out someday antway and was more than glad someone would put it all to use. I gave him a used Camillus American Wildlife bird hunter's knife out of my collection as a thankyou gift. I've made a friend, and he'll probably be a lead for more stuff. That is a win win situation. 16GG.