16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Scheels 16ga Browning
1ozload
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:05 am  Reply with quote

I had the occasion to visit a Scheels this past weekend and ran across a Browning 16ga. Citori. It wasn't like any other I have seen in recent catalogs. It had a schnabal forearm and pheasant engravings on the silver color receiver. It also had a recoil pad and invector chokes. The sales person said it was a special run made for the chain a few years ago. Has anyone seen one of these? or have anymore info about these? It almost came home with me.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:52 am  Reply with quote

More info please? Which store? What barrel lengths? Was it a straight grip or bird's head? How much? Any more there? you have my attention. 16GG
1ozload
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:35 pm  Reply with quote

The gun had 26 in barrels. Pretty sure it was new in box and I think the only one they had. The price was $1500. It had a couple of small dings on the stock which was a grade I basic stock, nothing fancy. It had the pistol grip, not the straight stock. I think the dings were from being handled a bit. The store was in Des Moines.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

That's a White Lightning model. I think they may have been made for Scheels exclusively, since the whole recent Citori production was special order from a group of high volume buyers.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:40 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll check it out.
JORDO
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:28 pm  Reply with quote

Scheel's 16 ga. Citori
I had some questions about this run also- posted on another board, but not much knowledge or response. After yearning for a Gran Lightning model for about 2 1/2 yr. at the Lincoln, NE store, I decided that if the gun was still there on my last trip to see my father-in-law, it must be fate. Lo, and behold, it was still there and decided to come home with me. I really liked the configuration-nice wood, strong thru the wrist-Lightning grip, Schnable forearm, blued receiver with gold pheasants on each side( my favorite game bird), no dumb Browning buckmark on the triggerguard, and a decent factory pad instead of the plastic buttplate. Ejectors and internal of receiver all blued( I have two other 16 ga. Citori's, but they are polished internally). Has 28" barrels and weighs 6 lb. 15 oz.- I shoot 1 1/8 oz. #5's at wild pheasants- it's deadly if I do my job. GREAT pheasant gun- used in SD and OK to good effect. I also saw some Gr. I Scheel's 16 ga. Citori's in the same configuration in Lincoln, but they said they were down to the end- in fact, my gun was the last of three Gran Lightning versions left. As much as I like the "normal" Lightnings, for my use as a pheasant gun, I think I've found the best for me. Was just wondering about the number made, any special value( although this gun will stay in my family), etc. JORDO