16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Who is looking for a Beretta 410E in 16 bore?
RWG
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

A local shop here in NE Ohio has one with 80+% case colored action and what appear to be 28" barrels. Stock seemed a tad short. (I didn't measure anything on this gun. Just my observations.) Double triggers if I recall correctly. The gun is in very good condition. I think they were asking $1950.00 or there abouts. But they'll bargain some.

Dawson Enterprises. Massilon Ohio. (330) 833-0014. Give Kim McCarthy a call. Russ
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

Russ,
I hope you are satisfied. I have purchased the 410E. This should be an interesting 16g. It will find a home just before the 424 16g. This 1930s model still shows a little case color. The Legend of Beretta book has a picture very similar to this one. Like 16gaugeguy said in another post you can sit back and say shoulda--woulda--coulda or go for it. Thanks to both of you for all your help.
Best,
Ron
RWG
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

Ron Overberg wrote:
Russ,
I hope you are satisfied. I have purchased the 410E. This should be an interesting 16g. It will find a home just before the 424 16g. This 1930s model still shows a little case color. The Legend of Beretta book has a picture very similar to this one. Like 16gaugeguy said in another post you can sit back and say shoulda--woulda--coulda or go for it. Thanks to both of you for all your help.
Best,
Ron

Ron:

Good for you. I hope you get many years pleasure out of owning and shooting that 410E. Russ
BigCreekMI
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:24 am  Reply with quote

Ron - tell us a little more about your new gun. Does it appear to be made on dedicated 16ga frame? What does it weigh? I was tempted by Russ' post, but am in the midst of negotiations on another item. Those 16ga Beretta SxS's are getting pretty scarce. It would be nice if Beretta would make a few new 16ga guns instead of the seemingly endless redesign & modification of their autoloaders. I hope the new 16 proves to be one of your favorites.

Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:25 pm  Reply with quote

BIGCREEKMI,
Pat, the owner, sent me 5 photos that helped me make up my mind. The 16g should be here in a week and I will have a better idea of weight and feel. I have a week to decide on keeping it or not. I can't see why I wouldn't keep it at this point. It was made in the 1930's and with case coloring it is quite diferent from the more modern Berettas. Besides I can set it in front of my 424 16 gauge and my 411E 16 gauge and smile a lot even if I don't shoot it. I'll let everyone know when I get it and chat up a storm about what I find. Right now I am one happy camper.
Ron
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:18 pm  Reply with quote

Geez, What is it about february and gun buying? We are all collectively going nuts and throwing money around like drunken sailors. Who's next? please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us how long you've been a gunaholic...come on...don't be shy. We are all fellow gunaholics here.
RWG
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:00 am  Reply with quote

Actually, I did buy a gun at Dawsons when I say that beretta. Its a Sig/B. Rizzini LL Bean 20 bore with 28" barrels. NIC (New in case). The price was too good to pass up. Have to admit, I love the fit, finish and feel of Bastista Rizzini's O/Us. I own two now and have had others in the past. Best O/Us for the $ IMHO. The CGs are nice, but I prefer the aesthics of the B. Rizzinis. Waiting on the 16 ga. round action (on a 20 or true 16 ga. frame), 30" barreled straight gripped model to hit the market. Then, I will have to clean house to make room for a new purchase. Luckily, It'll be a year or two before it hits the market and the prices come down. So I have time... Wink Russ

PS I have been a sworn Beretta 680 series fan for years. Personally, I like the aesthics of the B. Rizzinis (absent engraving) much more to my liking than the Berettas now.
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:37 pm  Reply with quote

Santa was late but it was worth the wait. The 16g Beretta has arrived and it is different. The serial # 623XX is on the machine turned flats on the receiver and forhand iron. The case color is niece with a good color even on the breech face. The barrels read "PRIMA GEWEHR LAUF STAHL FRIED. KRUPP ESSEN". Bore is .6614 or marked 16.8 both barrels. Barrel weight is 1.437 Kg. Proofed in 1933. The Beretta trident is absent and on the trigger guard is a winged lady with a shield. The forehand has the Anson Daley latch and push button. Overall weight is a little over 6lbs. Looks like chokes are 15.9 and 16.1 or full and fuller. The only downer is the chambers look like they were opened to 2 3/4 from 2 9/16. The model could be a 1009E or 1010E as ther is no markings as I can see. Wilsons book gives discriptions on page 83 and no pictures. It is a great addition for me. I will shoot it tomorrow at the splatter board and see whats up. Thank you Russ!!!!!
Best.
Ron
BigCreekMI
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

Sounds like you have a keeper. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:38 pm  Reply with quote

BigCreek,
I wish I wasn't so tech. impared. No camera and I wouldn't know what to do if I had one. The only pics I have are the ones I was sent from the seller. I'll forward them if you would like to see them. They're not great but its all I have. I'm amazed at what good a condition a 1933 shotgun can be in. I'm still on cloud nine.
Best,
Ron
RWG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:13 am  Reply with quote

Ron Overberg wrote:
Santa was late but it was worth the wait. The 16g Beretta has arrived and it is different. The serial # 623XX is on the machine turned flats on the receiver and forhand iron. The case color is niece with a good color even on the breech face. The barrels read "PRIMA GEWEHR LAUF STAHL FRIED. KRUPP ESSEN". Bore is .6614 or marked 16.8 both barrels. Barrel weight is 1.437 Kg. Proofed in 1933. The Beretta trident is absent and on the trigger guard is a winged lady with a shield. The forehand has the Anson Daley latch and push button. Overall weight is a little over 6lbs. Looks like chokes are 15.9 and 16.1 or full and fuller. The only downer is the chambers look like they were opened to 2 3/4 from 2 9/16. The model could be a 1009E or 1010E as ther is no markings as I can see. Wilsons book gives discriptions on page 83 and no pictures. It is a great addition for me. I will shoot it tomorrow at the splatter board and see whats up. Thank you Russ!!!!!
Best.
Ron

Ron:

My pleasure. Glad you enjoy it. Russ
old16
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

How can you find out when your Beretta's were made by serial no's. When I contacted Beretta the told me they kept no records untill 1979 and I have not been able to find out when my 16 was made. Bill

Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:48 am  Reply with quote

old16,
The real old Berettas I have are marked 1933, 1946 and 1950. You may find the roman numerals on the barrel flats when added to 1944 will give you a proof date which is considered the mfg. date for all practical purposes. When you get to guns after 1975 they are marked with AA, AB on through BM in 1999. I was once told the list was on the Beretta web sight. There are some alpha letters not used also. Let me know what you find and maybe I can help.
Best,
Ron
old16
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

Ron
I don't have any roman nurmerals on the flats. I have the belgian proof marks for the barrels though. Their is the numeral II on the under side of the barrels on the rib between the flats and the lug with the number D40.
The serial no of mine is 14017 which is on the reciever, barrels and the forearm. I don't think this is going to help. I e-mailed beretta with the # and the informed me they have no records going back past 1979. Bill

Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

The Belgium proof really raises more questions since Beretta proofed the completed shotguns in Italy. If you get a chance at the library look at The World Of Beretta by R.L. Wilson. There are some discriptions and pictures that might give you some insight. Beretta used a crown in their proof mark up to 1950 when they switched to a star. If you email me pics I will try and look through the book.( randloverberg@ronan.net )Some times the barrel type can help in an educated guess of the model.
Best,
Ron