16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Supersizer madness
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:03 pm  Reply with quote

OK THUNDERSTICK

REPORT!!!

Are you well? In the hospital? What kind of flowers?

How did it go this weekend??

Thanks
Mike
thunderstick
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:52 pm  Reply with quote

Guys, just got out of the Hospital ! I'm down to two fingers and one eye, but I haven't given up hope Razz

Actually , my big plans went the way of a lot of "honey dews" and I didn't get to the reloading bench at all. The silver lining was my reward for getting all the "honey dews" done Wink
So, I be trying next weekend to once and for all adjust the MEC properly. I'm very encouraged that Cameron was able to get his cranking out shells that will drop right into the chambers. Thanks again for all tips, Look for my report next week.

And Happy St. Paddys Day, everyone!
Jim
IDcut
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:55 pm  Reply with quote

I have to tell you Jim that they don't go ker-plunk into the chamber, rather slide in easily, as opposed to being forced in, as before.

It was not without some frustration though! The threads on the machine where the allen head screw threads in, locking the cam in place, stripped out on me after a few tries at adjustment. Fortunately, the screw was ok and stuck out far enough through the housing to where I could get a nut on it and get it tightened sufficiently.

I'm going to tweak it a bit more this weekend to try and get to the point where the shells go ker-plunk into the chamber. It is encouraging though, that the machine can be adjusted to ensure ease in chambering the shells.

If I can get it adjusted, I have no doubt you'll be successful in your attempt!

Cameron
thunderstick
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:43 am  Reply with quote

ALL RIGHT !!! I finally did it. Very Happy Got up at 6 AM on Saturday, brewed some coffee and read the manual from start to finish. Went down to the reloading bench and took it one step at a time. Minor adjustment at de-prime station, major adjustment at crimp starter, and then at the final crimp discovery I had things kinda ass-backwards, ( which is a technical term) so... started from scratch there. An hour or so at the final crimp station, making small adjustments and PRESTO !!! so easy even a CAVEMAN can do it Wink Shells look great and slide right in. I'm using the DR 16 wad with Fiocchi hulls, 616 primer, 3/4 oz of #8 shot, and Int. Clays powder. No overshot card or cherrios. Should be a very light load for the sporting clays.
Along the way discovered that most of my hulls were cracked and torn, I tossed 4 out of 5; so it looks like a new batch of already primed Fiocchi hulls are in my future. Not to mention the 20 ga. supersizer for all the hulls I've loaded that won't chamber. Guys, thanks again for all your help. The little MEC really can do the job once the operator is up to speed.