16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  citori prices
curveman
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:40 pm  Reply with quote

I've had only limited success in pricing out 16 gauge Citori's. I bought Blue Book of Gun Values #26 and have looked at every sale I cou find to try and get a handle on pricing. Then I found a couple of guns I was interested in and had a friend check them out for me to see if they really were as advertised. It seems they were, so they should be as nice as the pictures I was sent. One was as new in box, and the other 99% (the grade III)

When I mentioned I'd used the BB of GV, the dealer, well let's just say he didn't care. Do ypu think the BB is accurate nationwaide ? Where do regional prices diferences count ? They're both gorgeous guns.

budrichard
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:04 am  Reply with quote

The BB is a guide, poor at that and nothing more.
The real price is determined when money changes hands between the seller and the purchaser.
When someone tries to sell me something and says that's the BB price (usually inflated) and won't budge, i move on. Everything is negotiable except........-Dick
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:33 am  Reply with quote

I have to agree with Bud here. The BB is always 20/20 hindsight and about one or two year behind at best. As far as skinflints go, no one is skinnier or flintier than me when it come to forking out the dough for a new or used gun. Laughing

The internet now provides a huge market for used guns. Prices paid are no longer restricted to what the local gun shop or your club members and friends are willing to pay. Even the BB reflects this in its latest edition, but its still behind the market. Prices are continually going up as folks compete for the less available and more desirable pieces.

I'd watch the internet market and keep a log of the selling prices of the gun or guns you might be interested in. This will give you a decent guideline on what you will have to pay or what you can expect to get. If per chance you find a bargain locally, do as the duck would do to a june bug. They are getting scarcer by the day as folks catch on to the internet market Besides its fun to shop. So many guns... so little time. 16GG.
budrichard
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:31 am  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy is right on! The market has switched to the Internet. Anyone advertising in Gun List can't use a computer and has a generation gap. The Internet has caused the prices of scarse used guns to move up as it has increased the number of people in the market for the same gun. Same for eBay.
Model 21's are out of sight and i have stopped purchasing them as I perceive the value is not there.
The small gun shows are junk yards as anything good goes to the net. I go to some of the large shows locally and i am always ready to deal CASH on the spot. I however fine very little worth purchasing lately.-Dick
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:41 am  Reply with quote

Same here. However, I still have to go. I recently bought an NIB SKB 485 20/28 set at the annual Wilmington gun show. I almost fell over myself buying it. I've also picked off enough good buys in folding bird knives like Remington R1 upland pheasant medallion models, Camillus A W bird knives, buck 321 models and such. Cash definately talks. I also know which dealers are there to sell and which are just sucker fishing or jerking folks around. I love to goof on the jerks.