16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  16 Gauge Low Pressure Reloading Group
Philbert
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:07 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you, Carlos. I am registered now but the latest spreadsheet won’t fully load. I get only the tabs across the top.

Thanks again.

Phil
Philbert
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:06 pm  Reply with quote

Hi Carlos,
Well I was able to register and log in but the latest spreadsheet won’t download. Seems I’m not the only one with this problem. Very frustrating. Do you have any contact info for a moderator?
Phil
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm  Reply with quote

RWG sent me a PM and here is what he said

"Yes, the group is active. Here is the information on the reloading group.

We started the group with the goal of producing lower pressure handloads for the 16 ga. using modern components and powders. Over the past 3 years we've developed a number of loads in 3/4, 7/8. 1, 1 1/16 and 1 1/8 ounce configurations. Most are lead leads but we've tested bismuth loads as well. As many of us can attest, the 16 is a great duck gun too when feed proper loads.

Our loads range from 5000-12,000 psi (most are under 9600 psi and are suitable for nitro proved guns. The loads under 8000 are suggested for older nitro and solid condition black powder proved guns). Velocities range from 950-1350 fps. No matter what components you have, we probably have a load for it. Or we can make one. That's the beauty of the group. We're open to ideas and are constantly testing new loads thru Tom Armbrust, a professional ballistician.

Membership is open to anyone interested in the 16 ga. We just ask that you not share the data with non-members. We do charge a one time membership fee of $20.00. What do you get? Our spreadsheet of loads, data from other published sources that we have access too and our test sheets showing the actual test results. You will also be on our mailing list and receive new data as its developed. You will also be encourage to help us in the development of new loads for testing. Its a group effort. Last, but not least, you'll get to share in the banter between addicts of the 16 ga.

We do have a chatroom. This chatroom hosts (and delivers) our data and is a place for members to exchange information. Many members like to sell and trade items of interest with other members. Its just a side benefit. We might even create a sales page on the chatroom.

How to join? Simple, just send me a check for $20.00. My address is Russell W. Gray, 3090 Athens Road, Silver Lake, Ohio 44224. Include your e-mail address so I can send you the data. (please clear you inbox -- the data is voluminous! ) It comes in a mixture of MS word, .jpg and/or excel files. Send the check when you can. Once I receive it I'll send out the data.

Our data is unique. Most members will tell you, it truly is good stuff. And more is coming as we test new powders and components.

I hope you will join our 600+ members. Russ"

Hope this helps y'all

Mike

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190143#190143

Last edited by skeettx on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

The above was the low pressure group

This panel is for the Yahoo Groups

I believe Oldhunter is the hero of these groups

http://www.16ga.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=980

Last edited by skeettx on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
muzz
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 pm  Reply with quote

RWG wrote:
Thank you so much for the announcement. I would just like to add that the 16 ga. reloading group is a membership effort. As a group we develop, test and share lower to moderate pressure 16 ga. loads for use at clays and in the field. We do not sell reloading data. Nor is this a "for profit" operation. We welcome new members into our ranks daily. New members bring new ideas, wants and needs which motivates the group develop and test new recipes. We all benefit from the combined efforts of the membership. We look forward to welcoming more new members in the future. Thanks again. Russ

Russ,
I am a member of the low pressure group,but it has been a few years since I logged in and I’ve forgotten how to get there.
Please advise.
Regards
Muzz
skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:01 pm  Reply with quote

I sent RWG a PM for you with this thread
Mike

p.s. Muzz, you have a PM

WVbirdman
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

I'm assuming that mailing a check is the only payment option? I'm in either way, just wondering.
Ron Gebhart
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:39 pm  Reply with quote

These posts are pretty old, is the group still active? I sure would like to get access to the work that they have done. How do I peoceed?
Ron
Soggy socks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:28 pm  Reply with quote

Same I would like to join as well Thx
herath
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:59 am  Reply with quote

How do I contact thie low pressure reloading group and join?
herath
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 pm  Reply with quote

Does the group still exist?Getting no responses.
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

skeettx wrote:
RWG sent me a PM and here is what he said

"Yes, the group is active. Here is the information on the reloading group.

We started the group with the goal of producing lower pressure handloads for the 16 ga. using modern components and powders. Over the past 3 years we've developed a number of loads in 3/4, 7/8. 1, 1 1/16 and 1 1/8 ounce configurations. Most are lead leads but we've tested bismuth loads as well. As many of us can attest, the 16 is a great duck gun too when feed proper loads.

Our loads range from 5000-12,000 psi (most are under 9600 psi and are suitable for nitro proved guns. The loads under 8000 are suggested for older nitro and solid condition black powder proved guns). Velocities range from 950-1350 fps. No matter what components you have, we probably have a load for it. Or we can make one. That's the beauty of the group. We're open to ideas and are constantly testing new loads thru Tom Armbrust, a professional ballistician.

Membership is open to anyone interested in the 16 ga. We just ask that you not share the data with non-members. We do charge a one time membership fee of $20.00. What do you get? Our spreadsheet of loads, data from other published sources that we have access too and our test sheets showing the actual test results. You will also be on our mailing list and receive new data as its developed. You will also be encourage to help us in the development of new loads for testing. Its a group effort. Last, but not least, you'll get to share in the banter between addicts of the 16 ga.

We do have a chatroom. This chatroom hosts (and delivers) our data and is a place for members to exchange information. Many members like to sell and trade items of interest with other members. Its just a side benefit. We might even create a sales page on the chatroom.

How to join? Simple, just send me a check for $20.00. My address is Russell W. Gray, 3090 Athens Road, Silver Lake, Ohio 44224. Include your e-mail address so I can send you the data. (please clear you inbox -- the data is voluminous! ) It comes in a mixture of MS word, .jpg and/or excel files. Send the check when you can. Once I receive it I'll send out the data.

Our data is unique. Most members will tell you, it truly is good stuff. And more is coming as we test new powders and components.

I hope you will join our 600+ members. Russ"

Hope this helps y'all

Mike

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190143#190143

RWG
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:03 pm  Reply with quote

herath wrote:

Yes we do. Send me a PM. Russ
RWG
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

herath wrote:

Yes we do. Send me a PM. Russ
jeley
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:42 am  Reply with quote

Sorry for this potentionally dumb question but, how do I join the reloading group and pay the twenty dollars?