16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Looking to Buy Used CZ Ringneck 16 G
"Dead Bird"
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

Hello, new to the forum, looking for a used CZ Ringneck 16 ga. Please keep me in mind if you have one for sale or know someone who does.

Thanks. Smile

Remington 16 Ga Sportsman 48, the gun of my youth and the nightmare of my quarry!
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:08 pm  Reply with quote

Hello

Welcome to the site, you will find it a fun place.

Maybe these will help
Some used, some new, some cheaper than others

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=163100229

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=163779439

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=163559717

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9204811&oh=216543

Enjoy the day
Mike
"Dead Bird"
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'm bidding on the first one you linked to, waiting until the last second. Appreciate the welcome! Smile

Remington 16 Ga Sportsman 48, the gun of my youth and the nightmare of my quarry!
elkman
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am  Reply with quote

Before you buy the ringneck consider looking at a dehaan sg3 sxs 16. Same manufacturer as the ringneck , but dehaan imports to his specs. Inernal works are polished, splinter forend, can get auto triggers, and at least grade 3 wood. For around 700 bucks more than the ringneck you could have a much nicer gun.
16 ga gun dog
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 pm  Reply with quote

"Much nicer" or "much prettier?"

elkman
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 pm  Reply with quote

Prob matter of opinion. Wood and action are important to many people. I have had the opportunity to hold both the dehaan sg3 and the ringneck. The dehaan feels much livlier in the hands. Also I have seen multiple ringnecks in the field. The dehaans are much rarer. I have an old stevens 315 that was my grand dads and is totally restored. Happened to pick up the grade 3 or better wood at a fire sale for almost nothing. Every time I take that gun to the range i get compliments. So again its a matter of preference. i just thought I would offer the idea of the dehaan.
"Dead Bird"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

I have looked at them on line and they appear to be pretty expensive for on old country grouse hunter. They are very nice and I like the looks. I have a couple of nice o/u and they are great but everytime I have put a scratch on them it nearly drives me crazy. I just want to find a used gun that I can pick up at a good price, I'm training a new set of pups this summer and expect I'll have the need to lay a gun down in the woods a time or two this year! Laughing Thanks for the imput and keep me in mind if you see a decent price on one. Thanks

16 ga gun dog
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:12 pm  Reply with quote

elkman wrote:
Before you buy the ringneck consider looking at a dehaan sg3 sxs 16. Same manufacturer as the ringneck , but dehaan imports to his specs. Inernal works are polished, splinter forend, can get auto triggers, and at least grade 3 wood. For around 700 bucks more than the ringneck you could have a much nicer gun.

Before you buy either, consider they're the same gun.... Well, minus the mark up of course.

elkman
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 am  Reply with quote

16 ga gun dog wrote: Before you buy either, consider they're the same gun.... Well, minus the mark up of course.

Its easy to spot posts that attempt to incite anger. They usually are one to two lines and have little substance. The original poster is looking for assistance buying a shotgun, I actually mailed him a site that has the ringneck at a deep discount. I believe the original poster understands the difference in the dehaan and the ringneck and stated for his purposes he preferes the ringneck.
2fewdaysafield
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:39 am  Reply with quote

16 ga gun dog wrote:
Before you buy either, consider they're the same gun.... Well, minus the mark up of course.

Begging your pardon, but you are wrong. Mark DeHaan (DeHaan Shotguns) carries only the SGr line. They come from the Huglu "custom shop". They are a far superior gun to the "stock" line that CZ carries. I own both. A blind man with heavy gloves on could tell the difference.
16 ga gun dog
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:25 am  Reply with quote

2fewdaysafield wrote:
16 ga gun dog wrote:

Begging your pardon, but you are wrong. Mark DeHaan (DeHaan Shotguns) carries only the SGr line. They come from the Huglu "custom shop". They are a far superior gun to the "stock" line that CZ carries. I own both. A blind man with heavy gloves on could tell the difference.

"Custom shop" indeed. Cosmetics, yes, far superior.

2fewdaysafield
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

And of course, you order a DeHaan SGr built to your chosen dimensions....LOP etc

Starting price O/U $1425....SxS $1525 with Grade III wood.

Overall, an outstanding value for $$$
"Dead Bird"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:02 am  Reply with quote

Everybody can have a different opinion, i appreciate the imput and each of you. Fact is I have two Rizzini's a matching 12 and 20 o/u. While they are very nice and great to hunt with I need a gun that if I fall, drop or bang it on a tree I will not feel quite so bad and I dearly want a 16 ga s x s. Elkman did me a favor and I will be ordering the CZ Monday, I have held one of the guns in my hand and it will be fine for my use, I have no need to impress someone with a pretty gun, let's face it men if you can't shoot it at the end of the day it's a stick that goes boom! Laughing I've witnesses many gun owners spend lots of money and still not be able to shoot with some old bird hunter with an old auto-loader. God Bless all of you today! Thanks again!

2fewdaysafield
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:35 pm  Reply with quote

You might consider CDNN. They have a 16 gauge CZ....Partridge I think it is.....$489, NIB. 5 year warranty.
ermadear55
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 am  Reply with quote

Anger? Around dis joint? Rolling Eyes