16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  firearms auction - Matoon IL
bustingclays
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

fyi (especially hoashooter - your neck of the woods...)

while searching for other stuff ran across this ad

www.bauerauction.com

March 19th 2006 Sunday 9:00 AM
Large Firearm Auction, Over 500 Firearms, Gun Parts, Scopes, Ammo, Accessories, Knives, Antique Firearm Memorabilia, Gunsmithing Tools.
2601 Lakeland Blvd. Mattoon, IL. Now Accepting Consignments!!
General Auction. Ph.(217) 459-2806.

I don't know anything about this or if there are any decent guns...

I did find their list from Jan. 1 this year:

http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=%2216+ga%22+browning+citori&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&u=www.bauerauction.com/pages/Gunsale010106.htm&w=%2216+ga%22+browning+citori&d=E0i6qW1aMLXz&icp=1&.intl=us

and there were some 16s in the lot.

anybody know this outfit???

Dr. 16 Gauge
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:46 am  Reply with quote

Dr 16g-where you been brother?? Over in Iran helping tune up the reactor? 16GG has been awful hard on me and I needed your help Laughing
hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:36 pm  Reply with quote

bclays--thanks for thinking of me-this is only a short drive from me.This was once a local auction with some VERY good deals.Now the auction has moved to a new building.With this came dealers from EVERYWHERE ,I have not even gone to the last two auctions.Prices are absurd!!!!Talking with those what attended I did not miss out.I recently was sent a flier for this auction,the Bauers are respectable folks don't get me wrong,but the auction is now for those in the big city with deep pockets.M42's go for $1,000 +,MEC 600's 100+,I could go on ----but this auction is no longer a place for me---I run skeet at the club on Sunday anyway
bustingclays
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:38 pm  Reply with quote

hoashooter - thanks for the info. Too far for me to go anyway. Just thought you might be interested.

revdocdrew - no worries. My students have been keeping me VERY busy (a good thing) and I have not had much chance to do more than lurk here. Left the house this am at 7 and pulled back in the driveway after class tonight at 10 pm. I do have break next week so a possibility exists that I may toss out some posts. How far is Glendale from Tuscon? My mother-in-law (who treats me nicely) lives there and I occasionally make a visit.

p.s. I don't know Scroogian Sad , but I'd love to find out how to say "send the 485 my way..." (of course I can't afford it - take that 16gg Smile )

Did you all read about the friends of Elliott Sadler that he flew out to Vegas for Nascar practice who pulled a slot and won $100,000. Not bad for a weekend jaunt - guess I could have afforded the 485 that 16gg has AND that grade VI browning on gunbroker if that had happened to me.

We have a reservation at Kolar if the lottery ever comes in Wink

Dr. 16 Gauge
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:02 am  Reply with quote

Scroogian is a totally different language and completely unrelated to Stoogian. I would think an eductated, cultered fellow of your upbringing would know the difference for pity sake. What will folks think if you keep making faux pas like that. Tsk! Tsk! Pish posh! What what! and all that! Rolling Eyes