16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Bill Hanus's new prices for 16 ga. Citori guns
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

I just checked Mr Hanus's latest web site post. He seems to be coming down a bit on his Browning Citori prices. He claims its because the Japanese wish to trade work hours for a soft dollar and are lowering the price on their wares. If this is true, its the first mistake they've made since Pearl Harbor. Nobody takes less of a soft currency unless they are soft in the head, which the Japanese business folks certainly arwe not. I'm more prone to think some of the heat he's been catching from our group is more the probable reason. If this be the case, it proves my theory that we have clout and folks do listen.

I'm also betting the new prices will be pretty much a bit above those of the last batch for what you will actually get, but will be better elsewhere than BH as usual. So don't get froggy my little gators. Just stay frosty, keep your $500 deposit he wants in your gator hide wallets, and wait and see what tasty treat comes your way. 16GG.
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:29 pm  Reply with quote

Ithaca's back up and running-buy a matched pair of 37s, and use the leftover dough to go hunting.

Japanese guns leave me cold. Even 16 gauge Japanese guns.
Best,
Ted
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:15 am  Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes !!!!!
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:18 am  Reply with quote

I recently posted a Gran Lightning 16 ga. for sale on our site. In it I quoted Bill Hanus's figures for production numbers of this model. He claims that there were only a hundred made, fifty in 26" and 28" models each. However, I'm always skeptical now of what he posts in his web site and his ads--apparently for good reason.

As I suspected, Mr Hanus's claim about the number of GL models made is not quite true. There were around 100 made for Bill Hicks in 1994. These are all long tang models, date code NW with the designated model suffix number instead of 131. You'd think Hanus would stop with the half truths. A mistake is one thing. An omission of the facts is a lawyer's trick meant to deceive. Watch this guy. He is too slick for his own good.
budrichard
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
I just checked Mr Hanus's latest web site post. He seems to be coming down a bit on his Browning Citori prices. He claims its because the Japanese wish to trade work hours for a soft dollar and are lowering the price on their wares. If this is true, its the first mistake they've made since Pearl Harbor. Nobody takes less of a soft currency unless they are soft in the head, which the Japanese business folks certainly arwe not. I'm more prone to think some of the heat he's been catching from our group is more the probable reason. If this be the case, it proves my theory that we have clout and folks do listen.

I'm also betting the new prices will be pretty much a bit above those of the last batch for what you will actually get, but will be better elsewhere than BH as usual. So don't get froggy my little gators. Just stay frosty, keep your $500 deposit he wants in your gator hide wallets, and wait and see what tasty treat comes your way. 16GG.

Pure BS!
As of today the Yen is trading at 117.827 to the dollar. in December it was about 116. that is less than 1% change. The exchange rate doesn't change because someone wishes to trade work hours for a soft dollar, it changes because investors are willing to pay more or less for a certain currency or banks/governments buy or sell currencies or gold. Bill Hanus rhimes with? -Dick
gunflint charlie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

So Ted, does a sweeping statement like this display chauvinism, or do you make exceptions for something like a Parker Repro? I handled a 28" DHE 28 ga. once that left me warm!
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:52 pm  Reply with quote

gunflint charlie, I have a Parker Repro, 28 gauge, 2 barrel set, straight stock, with two triggers. This is the only Japan gun I own at the present time. But, you couldn't give me 10 new Ithaca model 37, 16 gauge guns for that Jap. Parker. I love it, And I'm looking for a Parker Repro, 20 gauge, 28" barrles, straight stock with 2 triggers. Then I'll get the Galazan 16 gauge barrels to make it a 2 barrel set. Laughing
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:24 am  Reply with quote

Geez Bud, that's harsh....very true, but very harsh. Laughing And the rest of you guys stop picking on ole Ted. he acccidentally picked up a field grade Charles Daly thinking it was an FN Browning superposed yesterday. His fingers still haven't thawed out. I hope you're feeling better today Ted. Wink
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:32 am  Reply with quote

A clone is a clone, be it a sheep, or a repro Parker-not as good as the original.

Rest assured, the only Charles Daly gun I would ever pick up, much less own, would say "Prussia" or the initials H.A.L. on it.

I might buy a Superposed-if my eyes were stacked verticle on my face.

Best,
Ted
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:51 pm  Reply with quote

Geez...Louise....No matter how tempted I am at this moment, I'm not gonna touch this one....not even with a 20 foot pole. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ted, there are some doors you should not open. Laughing