16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Vintage gun t-shirts
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:09 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone know a source for something like this? Obviously I'd like one with a Fox logo and/or a Sterlingworth pic. I envision a classy image with an open double draped across the logo, etc. If nobody is making such a shirt, any t-shirt printers out there who'd like to? Cool

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:12 pm  Reply with quote

The shirt needs to have a woodcock on it with a 16 gauge DH Parker Laughing
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:23 pm  Reply with quote

Hey! Quit trying to hijack my shirt! Very Happy You design your shirt, I'll design mine! 16ga Sterlingworth w/pheasant!!!! If you want a Parker/woodcock shirt, start your own thread Very Happy Very Happy !!

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

I just figured the more post you got, the sooner someone would offer to make the shirts. Smile
Brad6260
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

How bout a DHE and a Fox both draped over the 16. ga Society Logo.

Put me down for one t-shirt and one polo shirt.
If there is any interest I may have a contact or two.

How about it webmaster ??

Feedback ???

Brad
RuffBuff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:04 pm  Reply with quote

Hey folks, you can do this yourself!

Let me describe what my wife and I did for my daughter-in-law quite a few years back at Christmas time. My wife did the needlework part and I did the techie stuff. Just apply the approach to your gun logo idea.

My daughter-in-law owns 2 horses - just LOVES her horses. So my wife wanted to make her two throw-around pillows for her couch in their great room. So we took several pictures of her horses, choosing the best picture for each horse. I then went to Staples and got a type of special paper that is used for "iron-on-transfers" of pictures, etc. I forget the name of the paper but the folks at Staples will know what you mean by "iron-on-transfer" sheets.

I inserted the special paper into my HP DeskJet 882C printer and printed an appropriately sized REVERSE IMAGE picture of each horse in turn onto the 2 sheets of paper I had for this purpose. Use the BEST print setting as though you were printing a photo unto photo paper. My wife then placed the reverse-image side if the paper down onto the nice quality cloth panel that she was going to use as one side of the pillow and simply ironed the unprinted side of the paper with a hot iron transferring the rich color of the photo into the material. She then made the pillow using the special panel as one side of the decorative pillow. Turned out great and my daughter-in-law thought we were geniuses (genii?). The colors were rich and durable and it will take washing (cold in a light cycle I believe).

That'll work for you too! Just copy a Fox, or Parker, or L.C. Smith, or Ithaca, or Lefever, or Baker, or Fulton, or Winchester 21, or .... logo from somewhere and print it out to whatever size you wish on a light colored shirt of your choice. If you start mass-producing them, contact me with your name and address so my lawyer can contact you to arrange for my royalty payments for the idea.

Talk to Staples about about "iron-on-transfer" sheets. You'll see how easy it is?

“Hunting is one of the last genuine, personal adventures of modern man. Just as game animals are the truest indicators of quality natural environment, so hunting is the truest indicator of quality natural freedom.” … John Madson
fin2feather
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:47 am  Reply with quote

Ruff,

Thanks for the info. I remember I did somethig similar years ago; just b&w, tho; no color. Having become lazy in my old age I was looking for the easy way out (ie, purchase!) but maybe I'll give it a try.

Fin

Dave Miles
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:16 am  Reply with quote

fin2feather, would you like me to send you some Parker pictures. So you can do a couple for me too. Razz