16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16g.(Sterlingworth) Society- new member
hunshatt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:50 am  Reply with quote

Now ya'll stop it, you guys are making it sounds like a Sw is some kinda pheasent killing lazer beam, and to be quite frank, those of that own Merkels, which really are pheasent killing lazer beams, are becoming quite annoyed
tim

Last edited by hunshatt on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
fin2feather
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:35 pm  Reply with quote

Rev,

Cool stuff on that collectibles website, but I could pert'near buy another gun for he wants for some of those catalogs! Yikes Shocked !

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

The dog might be smarter than you think Rev. He's probably figured out that you can't hunt on a golf course. Darn smart of him. Plus, if he can sucker you into shooting one of those ducks, he gets to go swimming and cool off. Come to think of it, that dog might be smarter than you Rev. I 'd watch him close or before you know it, he'll have you carrying all the water and treats and retrieving the birds too. Laughing

PS: Was that you hunshatt that snagged the merkel 16 at KTP? You were thinking about it.
hunshatt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

Uhhhhhhhh, who? me? don't know what your talking about......ok maybe I do. 3 clunker doubles, a 1100 and a few bucks later it was comming home with me. I bought it as a present for Beau. He was feeling a little depressed as hunting season was over. I figured I'd get him a little pick me up gift.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. I was eyeballing it but it was just a tad too light for me. Hope it shoots right well for you. Maybe you can shut a few of the more boisterous Whirlingstirth shooters down. Wink

Those KTP guys also used to be more flexible before they expanded the building. I was thinking in cash terms. I can't complain though. I got a 100% ANIB 1987 16 ga Citori last year for a very, very, very very... you get the idea...price. At the time, I didn't realize just how good considering what the same thing brings now less than 7 monthes later. Come to think of it, I bet they didn't either. Laughing
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

Hey hunshatt (and what the hun does that mean): Are you proposing a Merkel vs Sterlingworth challenge in Montezuma? Laughing
And 16GG: My problem in training setters (and this is #5) has always been that I've never been smarter than any of em'! Rolling Eyes
hunshatt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:39 pm  Reply with quote

Rev, I'd be ok with that, as I just checked the fox 12 and it's a A as opposed to the Sw I thought it was. Of course Tjc will be playing for both teams(hey I didn't mean THAT)
the Hun thing, well it's boating related. My grandmother has always been Honey, my grandfather called her that, so as I was the first grandkid, I just picked it up, Hun(short for honey) is what all of us have ever called her thanks to me, also I'm the favorite grandkid, sooooo as we get to the meat of this rambleing tale, one day 15-20 years ago, she calls me to tell
how her week has gone, "well I went to church and all the women just couldn't stop talking about my new hat" Hat is the impotant part of this story. About 5 years ago , cause I couldn't find anything more stupid to with my money, I bought a old 41' Hatteras, that needed some restoration, named Hattahavit. Hatteras guy allways come up with stupid name for their boats that have Hatt in it ie: Kat in the hatt(close second to what I picked, as my G-friends name is Kathi) Hatterascale, bla bla bla. So after getting much of it done, it was time for a new name ........ drum roll please....... Hun's Old Hatt..... Once again scoring huge browine points with my grandmother and cementing the favorite grandkid title. So when I learned how to do the intenet stuff most of the sites I did were boating one's , Bertram31, Hatteras owners club ect, and Most of those guys go by some part of thier boat name, and mine was hunshatt...... and there you have it, ........ to much information

Btw on the bertram site I'm Thuddddd, which is the sound your body makes as is hits the ground when you fall off a 4' stool after getting yours ass handed to you in a drinking contest by a 65year old Lawyer at a bar in Ft lauderdale

Tim
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:14 pm  Reply with quote

I had to ask Rolling Eyes Could be a long day and 2 nights in Montezuma (think I'll bring some valium for hunshatt too Laughing)
TJC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

Sterly vs. Merkel. WOW Exclamation I might have to go over to the dark side and shoot the Merkel. I do LOVE that gun. Looking at another one as we speak. A 147E with beautiful wood. Waiting to hear back on a proposal I shot them.

revdocdrew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

Hey TJC: See the 'Steel Shot in 16g.' thread and what's with all these Jersey Boyz and their Merkels. Hotshot's trying to get rid of his (probably has his eyes on a Sterlingworth!)
IFL16's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

I got my first one two years ago from Wildwood Inc. then bought another one from a friend of one of my brothers last year. I just send in the money for another one from Wildwood today. This one has 26 inch barrels and weighs 5.7 lbs..

I don't know about them being like a laser on pheasants but I do know they are deadly on wild chukars and huns.

http://lmiles.photosite.com/

Larry
IFL16's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

Oh ya I forgot to add that Dick at Wildwood informed me that 16 gauge SW's were going out the door so fast that he now is refusing to negotiate the price for them. But he must not have told his son yet cause I managed to talk him down a bit on the one I bought today, but not very much.

Expect prices to continue to go up. They look like a lot of money now but considering what they will fetch in the near future it would be money well spent.

Larry
old16
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:06 pm  Reply with quote

whoa.\,ha, ha,haaaa,hee,hee, hee, oh, my ribs are starting to hurt, ho,hoo,aha,hee, I can't take no more, bye

hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:51 am  Reply with quote

Larry, nice pic's. thanks for sharing. I'm wore out just looking at the climbs. what's the dog. And where's the merkel??
Tim
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:53 am  Reply with quote

Larry, Just reread your post, and figured it out. Your ANOTHER one of THOSE Sw guys. sheesh
tim